July in the garden part 2 2009.

london England, United Kingdom

Share your July flowers in the garden here!

Thumbnail by terriculture

Crocosmia

Sweet peas

I was late planting my Sweet peas, but they have finally started to flower..

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Those sweet peas are stunning, whats the secret? Do you start them by your own collected seed?

This is COLT, a newb daylily again from my guru!!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY

Lovely Daylily Blossom! Can you identify my lily for me yet please? I tried to get a pic of the throat like you said!!
No secrets with the sweet peas, I was late with everything and bought a tray of sweet pea plant plugs. lol.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Awww, ya gotta collect some see off those sweet peas and send me some!

On your daylily, I have never seen that one before, but it sure is lovely.; See those green pods forming on it? Those are the seed pods. Watch them and you can collect some seeds off of it and have a brand new hybrid. It would be an open pollinated daylily hybrid, of no name more than likely crossed with your other daylilies in the garden. Anyway, when the pod is more mature, pick them...they should be abit larger and the pod will crack. You need to get them at the time of if not just before the cracking otherwise they will fall into your garden and grow later and you will have new plants in your old clump! I have a ton of Stella de oro that I need to pick.

This is my coleus cuttings! Funny, I got a pair! LOL!

I love your boots planted with Coleus!! I meant to say that on the last thread.
Thanks for the info on the Daylily. I hadn't thought of collecting the seeds, maybe I should? and if I get a new lily I will call it Blossom LOL!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

You can take paperbags and put the pods in to dry them and put them in your GPS. When they are thoroughly dry, plant them. I usueally plant them in the next season in the spring. But if I do that then I have to store the seeds so the meeces do not eat them.

Man, you should see KONG now. That coleus is sporting 3 flower spike stems! It is huge! I will have to take my boots and put them together to compare the sizes for you! The ones in the boots are the smaller variety of coleus. remind me later to do that....right now I gotta get to the office, sheesh I am soo behind!

hop!

South, TX

Terri, great pictures, I love sweet peas.

Blossom, love the boots, cute frog.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks Sally, I love those clod hoppers! I would put hen and chicks in a pair if I had some hen and chicks. Those usually look stunning!

6foot2 has another pair of them some place...hmmmm what dare I put in them? If we gotta have shoes at the back door, may as well make them usefull!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

So are you finished blushing BB? With all the flowers you have I can't believe there are no hens and chicks??? You better take a closer look around, bet you find some somewhere.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL!! I had some, but they croaked.... I cannot plant them in this garden, the grass takes over and whaaaam....they have to go in containers next time... So.. next time I get any, thats where they will be!

So, you have some? C'mon, show me!!! Least I can do is twitch my nose and drool! LOL!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I actually have one that Zany sent me my first year at DG which was quite some years ago 2001 I believe. I have moved them several times.
Here is my first glad to come back since last year and before.

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Jasmine and mixed pot of nasturiums, zinnia etc.

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Garden mix of color

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

echinacea and black eyed susan

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Rose of sharon coming into bloom, this gets a mix of colors on it some blue some rose

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Rose of sharon blooms, the blue ones

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Here's that double white holly hock. I harvested the seed last year Terri, but the seeds get little mite holes in them and then they are no good so this is the only one this year.

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Alocasia in black. Thought this would be much larger by now, but not!

Thumbnail by haighr
South, TX

Oh my goodness, how wonderful, haighr.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Great flowers, Candee. I especially like that pink echinacea with the puffy center.

Terri - you are getting to be quite the expert at provided links for us to morph to LoL.
now, those crocosmias look like they are ready to be transferred from the yard to vase (hint, hint)

You too Candee, and the rest of the group. I would love to see how you arrange your homegrowns.

Thanks Sally, Hope you are feeling better and staying cool.
Candee, your garden is bursting with colour, all the flowers look so beautiful together.
Love your white Hollyhock, I don't know where my Glads went, none have come up! nice to see yours, Thanks for sharing!
Dianne, It's thanks to my friends here......!! they forced me to learn how to link ...lol.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Did not, you begged us to help you!

peppers ....

Yeah, thats right Blossom, I begged for help !!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

mates!

hmmm, speaking of peppers, did you ever get the new Belles open yet? Im waiting!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

I know, I had you on your knees screaming and moaning.. heeeelp me .....heeelp me!!! dint I!!

Dont tell no one though that we did it in the woodshed! Madame Woodsy might not approve!

(__)?

mates!

Nah, Belles will have to wait, I'm busy doing other stuff at the moment!

Looks like a nice juicy beef tom you've got there....thats gonna be yummy!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Awww shucks.. I have that parking lot sign ready to go for you when you open. I think you will like it. But well, alas and sigh, you will have to wait for your grandopening!

Ok, well, I dont know about you, but I got some weeds to pull. Care to join me?...I promise, it wont hurt the weeds a bit! Grab a tall one and start yanking!

There now.. we each got a barroful!

Hey now, no fair jogging down the road, ya hear, Ya'll come back here we got at least ten more to fill!

hmmmmm... where she go!?

Yank, yank, YAAAAANK, thud.

Dang, sore bisquits again. Hope no one saw that one Bloomers....

South, TX

Great peppers and pictures!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks Sally, ya know, I cant grow them in my garden worth a hoot and this is the first time I thought to try containers.. so far soooo good.!

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

not too many bloomers in the 100 plus degree heat. My one and only pink enchinacea - not enough to quality for the yard to vase.

Thumbnail by soilsandup
Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

achillea - Cherry queen, I think. Terri - I had some white ones in my white planter, but they got too aggressive, so I had to pull them out. But, if you have lots of room in your new white garden, that may be a good choice if you don't have any already.

Thumbnail by soilsandup
Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Naked ladies are budding!! I had a huge patch that got dug up during the sprinkler system repair. Darn - just before blooming time too. Not sure what I am going to do with them - either replant or give them away.

Thumbnail by soilsandup
South, TX

Soils, great flowers. I see your bulbs ready to bloom. How nice.

Blossom, what is that wire thingy by the coleus display, is it for topiary?

Pretty Echinacea Dianne, I still have one alive with some leaves on it!
Thanks for the Achillea suggestion, I used to have a yellow one but not any more. I'm not keen on the smell!
The new flower bed I'm planning isn't going to be that big, but it will be an Island bed, so I'm looking for some white flowering plants with a nice fragrance when you walk all the way around it! We can dream ... lol

These white Nicotiana smell so nice!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Thats my moose and a Christmas tree.... I still have not had time to work on the moose and dont think I ever showed you the Christmas tree....They have been sitting on the back porch since they arrived. I am soooo behind!

This message was edited Jul 18, 2009 7:32 PM

Maybe you'll have time to work on them in the Autumn. Looks like fun, I wanna christmas tree!!!!! LOL.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

I hope!! I still just dont know what to do on tht moose whether to go fake or what...

In an odd sortof way I like the moose plain for on the porch all year! He kinda grew on me that way

Here is Idas Magic. She is alovely daylily, but a royal slow grower for me.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.