Thumbnail by stplong
Huber Heights , OH(Zone 5b)

Seventh Heaven

Thumbnail by stplong

And Seventh Heaven with Lexie and Ariel

Thumbnail by stplong
Emerald Hills, CA(Zone 9b)

Wow! I'd like one of each please, especially that Melon Mania. Gorgeous!

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Your killing me Patrick, love that "Seventh Heaven", reminds me of a nice lemon sherbets on a hot summer day, and that "Melon Mania" is gorgeous.

BTW Patrick, besides cloning your hibs can you clone that little angel with doll and all, if you can I'll be first in line for one.

God bless her forever

Wilfred

Thanks Wilfred,

We really enjoy both blooms also.

If I could clone her I would, but then again, it might come back and haunt me. She is very high maintenance if you know what I mean>LOL She is the youngest of 7, her 15 year old sister Morgan has already taught her some really bad habits. (shopping, makeup, clothes, shoes) just to name a few. Donna calls her Drama Queen the 2nd, Morgan being number 1.

Her is a picture of her taken on Christmas Eve on Englewood Beach, Englewood Florida it was in the 80's so she had to make a sand angel instead of a snow angel that she would of had to make if we would have been at home at Christmas in Ohio
Patrick

This message was edited Jul 14, 2009 3:43 PM

This message was edited Jul 14, 2009 4:13 PM

Thumbnail by stplong
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Sugar & Spice and everything nice are what little girls are made of. I know what you mean, I have a young boy going 14 this August, boy o boy very high maintenance, tell me about it, LOL! but one thing for sure, I wouldn't change anything about him, love him with all my heart, he's the light of my eyes.

So the only thing I can say is, enjoy every minute your with her cause time goes fast and before you realize it she's all grown up and you'll always have those wonderful memories of when she was just a kids with all the funny thing she did.

Wilfred

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Nice photos Patrick. I had a feeling that "First Impression" could be a good one/good grower. I'll bet it has very upright bloom with consistently good form?

Little LuLu

Thumbnail by stplong
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Love it Patrick, it has sort of a rusty appearance to it, definitely different and gorgeous.

Wilfred

Disputanta, VA(Zone 7a)

Little LuLu reminds me of some of the plumeria (I think it's a plumeria?) blooms only tripled! Very nice.

Here's a bloom from Strawberry Field

Thumbnail by stplong

And a bloom from Valentines Day

Thumbnail by stplong

Exotic Sensation

Thumbnail by stplong

and Nitty Gritty

Thumbnail by stplong

Nice Patrick. Had a Valentines Day bloom here today also. Those blooms really get much larger by late in the day, don't they?

Hi Jon,

Yes , Valentines Day is a big bloom. Most of our Hibs up here don't open up until around 1pm, when I lived in florida I remember them opening up alot sooner than that. We've had some really cool temperatures up here, today didn't get out of the 70's and lows in the 50's and it's not suppose to warm up until around friday. It looks like Black Dragon, Bon temps and maybe Macho man are going to open tommorrow.

Patrick

Yeah, I see your summer without a summer is still rolling on. Most hibiscus blooms are open by around 10 or 11 AM here, with a few exceptions. The one I notice that takes the longest to fully open is Black Voodoo. Come to think of it, Black Dragon takes some time and really doesn't take on its full form until early afternoon. I pruned Black Dragon back quite a bit about 6-8 weeks ago so its just now setting new buds. I finally decided to attempt some grafting with my plants onto root stock plants in the past two days. I grafted "Misbehavin", "Nightfire" and "Creme De La Creme". It's now just a wait and see thing.

Here's some more, there were quite a few that opened today and still some more
3 more that haven't fully opened, when they do I will post.

Thumbnail by stplong

Now for the close ups

Clairvoyant Lady

Thumbnail by stplong

Black Dragon

Thumbnail by stplong

another black dragon pic

Thumbnail by stplong

Nice Patrick. That "Black Dragon" is stealing the show you must admit.

Kattie Jones

Thumbnail by stplong

Golden Angel

Thumbnail by stplong

Golden Angel again

Thumbnail by stplong

Alexis with Black Dragon

Thumbnail by stplong

Lexie with Prince Phillip

This message was edited Jul 19, 2009 2:32 PM

Thumbnail by stplong

Another black dragon

Thumbnail by stplong

Kattie Jones with different lighting

Thumbnail by stplong
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

You got some outstanding blooms today Patrick, they are all so beautiful, just like Lexie, hi Lexie, glade to see you helping daddy. Patrick, does your "Black Dragon" bloom regularly, mien only bloomed once when I first got it and hasn't rebloom for quite a while now. Wonder what would come out of a crossing between "Black Dragon" x "Clairvoyant Lady" or "Black Dragon" x "Kattie Jones" or "Black Dragon" x Seventh Heaven" or any of the above you've shone here since "Black Dragon has such a dark center on it, could be quite interesting to see. Any way, gorgeous blooms Patrick.

Wilfred

Here is Macho Man

Thumbnail by stplong

And here's Bon Temps

Thumbnail by stplong

Hi Wilfred,

I am unsure of how black dragon will do since this was newly purchased this year and this is our first bloom but the bush has grown quite fast. We were able to pollenate it with Macho Man, Bon temps and Seventh Heaven, but I doubt that it will take with Seventh Heaven because we have yet got it to take and we have tried pollenating it with several different cultivars.

Patrick

You're lucky Patrick if your Black Dragon is growing fast. It's usually a very slow grower on a somewhat wild bush.

Hi Jon,

I am comparing it to some of the other cultivars that I purchased before it and it has out grown them. (Gwen mary, Cinnamon Girl which I thought was suppose to be a fast grower and it's just a little larger than when I received it. First Lady I had over a year and is still very small and has never bloomed)

Patrick

I know what you mean. I have a few of those myself. One of them has been in the ground for a year now and has barely grown at all. I'd get rid of it, but I like the bloom it sends out once every 3 months. LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.