Echinacea "Pink Poodle"

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

These have the biggest blooms of any Echinacea I've grown. I hope they come back next year!

Thumbnail by echinaceamaniac

Boy that is one gorgeous flower! Hope it comes back for you too.
I just planted my first Echinacea this year, one called Harvest Moon. It is all of maybe 8 inches tall so far but has four blooms. I think it is supposed to smell nice but I'm going to have to wait for it to get taller. If my nose gets that close to the ground I'm not sure I could get back up again, lol.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

That is one interesting echinacea. Looks so much like a dahlia when they bred out the signature dark center ( I assume it is due to breeding)

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Wow, that is beautiful. How big are the blossoms?

Karen

I'll measure them when I get home, but I can tell you for a plug plant to grow and bloom this big is amazing! I planted 3 and all 3 have big blooms.

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

First year, too - that's great! I have Double Decker and it doesn't 'double' until the second year.

They do look amazingly like Dahlias. Do the butterflies still love them?

I haven't seen the butterflies after this one yet. I work all day though so I don't get to spend much time outside during the day. I have to rush home and don't get home until it's too late. :(

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

Well, now you know what we want you to do this weekend, lol!

I looked at them this weekend and found out that bees will actually get inside the fluffy bunches of petals. I was looking at the bloom and noticed bees were inside them trying to get to the pollen.

The blooms are about 4-5 inches across and about 3-4 inches tall. There's just something special about the shape and the way they stand out in the garden. I'm hoping these will be back next year. I can't wait to divide them!

Morgantown, WV(Zone 6a)

I am so thrilled! I have a double Echie blooming which was grown from what I thought was E. purpurea seed. I was expecting just a plain single ordinary Echie, but this thing is even better than my 'Pink Double Delight'. The blooms look a lot like my PDD except they are much larger (about 4" wide) and a darker pink. I sure hope it holds up this winter. I want to propagate this baby next year! Just for fun I've been calling it 'Pam's Pride'. LOL

Pam - Please post a photo. I'd love to see it!

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

E. mania, where did you buy your plugs? I have to have one.
Also I have too many E. white swan planted, that should bloom next Yr., if someone wants to trade. Mike

I got mine at mcgperennials.com. They are awesome!

Morgantown, WV(Zone 6a)

I would love to post a pic but don't have access to a camera right now. I usually just borrow from one of my sons but one is in Europe for a month & the other one is working in Oregon for the summer. Hopefully there will still be some blooms when one of them returns.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.