Anyone,I lost the recipe.

Jacksonville, NC(Zone 8b)

I had the recipe for the formula you put on your Clematis. I lost it.I have some new ones and one is blooming before it even reaches the chicken wire. the recipe is the one with beer,epsom salts etc.I want to give them some ASAP.
Thanks-Lynda

Thumbnail by Lynda_45
Marianna, FL(Zone 8b)

Lynda, look at the July 7 thread entitled "miracle clematis fertilizer."

Meant to ask if that bloom really is as blue as the photo makes it appear. It is gorgeous. What is it?

This message was edited Jul 11, 2009 4:40 PM

Thanks for answering Sharkey. Yes, it was really that blue and the flowers were large. It started blooming right after it came. The four I ordered were Niobe,Kingfisher Will Godwin and Versailles. This was marked as the "Kingfisher" I don't know enough about them to know if that was correct.These are my first.It has also been the fastest growing. Again, you have really helped. I'm going to feed them this "Tonic" tomorrow.
Lynda

Marianna, FL(Zone 8b)

It's certainly gorgeous. I can't advise on whether to feed it this or not while it's blooming. I know I've read in numerous threads where some of our more experienced growers don't feed liquid fertilizer to clems while they are budding or blooming. Not sure if it applies to this brew as well, but there's a ton of wonderful information in these threads from growers who know a lot more than I.

Oh! thanks for the info, but it isn't still blooming.Thats why I want to do it now,in case it blooms again.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.