Coconut Lime

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

This is the first bloom of my Coconut Lime that I put out as a plug this spring..

Larkie

Thumbnail by Larkie
Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Very nice. I just know this one will quickly become one of your favorites I'll bet.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Congrats on your new bloom and I agree that you will love this one. Your plant looks like it is off to a good start.

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

I was proud of the bloom, since it was just a tiny plug when planted at the end of May.. I hope the color will green up just a bit..

Larkie

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Yeah, I've had mine since May and it grows real fast. One of the best growers I've noticed during the first year. I don't think the color is likely to get any greener though. It's still green enough to be considered a light lime color.

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

These get greener when the blooms get older. Mine are getting green right now. I prefer the frest blooms when they still look mostly white. In full sun these will get greener. I'll post a photo of my green ones tomorrow.

(Carisa) Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

echmaniac,

That is why you like meringue so much! No green. I love the green (even though YA looks like that). I actually wasn't planning to buy Coconut Lime at all until I heard everyone talking about the green tints of it. I am glad to hear that Coconut Lime gets greener, I have my first bloom on it now, also. It hasn't had much time to green up yet, I guess.

By the way, I did pull the buds off of my green jewel. Yikes! I had to do it quick while I was out there, before I could really think about what I was doing. After I did it, I looked down at the two blooms in my hand and poked my lip out. They were just starting to petal out! Waaaaahhhhh!

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

My Meringue is getting greener too. That seems to be common with these "white" doubles. It's not as green as Coconut Lime, but it is getting greener when the blooms age.

It'll probably help in the long run to pull the buds off. I'm leaving most of mine on. LOL.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.