Compost or manure in Mobile AL.

mobile, AL(Zone 8a)

I posted this same question in another garden community but I figure maybe I'll post it in here as well.
Hello I live in Mobile Al and I have 2 big raised beds to fill, I went to Lowes today to get pricing on manure, organic compost etc... but I am wondering if there are farms around here that will sell that for a lot cheaper or maybe even give it for free. Where should I look for things like manure etc... so I don't break the bank.

Thanks

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Some look on Craigslist if you have one. I found my last source by asking at a store that sells horse supplies.

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 4b)

I find all kinds of manure (horse, llama, alpaca, goat, rabbit) available for free on Craig's List ... you just have to haul it away yourself. If you can, get aged manure. Fresh manure can burn your plants if you apply it directly.

Occasionally you'll find listings for spoiled sawdust or straw from stable floors. The mix of browns (straw or sawdust) and greens (manure & urine) are great raw ingredients for your compost pile.

mobile, AL(Zone 8a)

Thank you, I've already tried Craigslist in here and nothing came out. I just went to Lowes today and purchased about 30 bags of their $1.40 composted cow manure plus oraganic compost, I also bought some black gold cow manure as well plus peat moss, I hope this mix is good, I did spend quite a bit of money but I hope it is worth it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.