Echinacea "Coral Reef" Photos?

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

Could someone post a photo of their "Coral Reef" plants? I'm surprised nobody has posted that one yet? Mine both died, but if your plant is alive please post a photo! LOL. I don't care if it has no blooms. I just want to see the plant itself.

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

It's alive! It's alive!...albeit still new. I've had this plant since early June. Here's a photo from today. So far, so good.
Jon

Thumbnail by amorecuore

I'm thinking about trying one more, but maybe next year. Mine was tiny when I received it. I think they sent plugs that weren't hardened off at all. The roots were wrapped around this tiny ball of potting soil. I had a feeling they wouldn't make it when I first saw them. If you get a bad plug in the mail, it's almost impossible to save them. They go downhill so quickly!

Yeah, that can happen when you receive an unhealthy plant. I received my "Coral Reef" from Green Thumbs Galore about a month ago.
Jon

I hope your plant lives. I want to see a bloom! LOL.

I hope so too. I hate it when a plant commits suicide on me. I know most people are not wild about the idea of potted Echinacea. Usually its just a temporary phase for me until I decide exactly where I want to plant it. I've been noticing much better growing results if I pot newly received plants and/or plugs into nothing smaller than a 1 gallon container. Much better results this year using this method.
Jon

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.