here we go again

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

I was evaluating the munching the Gulf Frits have been doing on my P. Imperatrice Eugenie, when I noticed a very different vine growing out of it. Now this Passi's been in the ground since March. I followed the vine down and sure enough, two shoots are coming right out of the middle of the original root ball. I had this happen w/ the Bow Tie Vine I bought and found Mexican Flame Vine plugs mixed in w/ it when I went to repot it.
So...what the heck is this ?

Thumbnail by mjsponies

here's another pic

Thumbnail by mjsponies
Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

That's the same vine? One has red stem and veining and the other doesn't.

X

Fort Collins, CO

Very interesting Mjsponies! I have no idea what it is though... sorry. Hopefully someone will recognize it. Or maybe it will bloom soon? What are great deal to get two for one! haha. I would love to grow bow tie vine and mexican flame vine... how awesome to get them both after only purchase one!

Sincerely,
Vanessa

This message was edited Jul 9, 2009 4:02 PM

x- yes it is, the one with/out the veining is a lower/older leaf...the top one is newer growth. There's actually two of the vines. I dug one out and potted it up. I went and took pics of the one still in the ground...I apologize for the lack of quality ahead of time.

Thumbnail by mjsponies

Vanessa,
Well,yes...but I kinda like to know what I have....in case it's something I really don't want around !
one more pic...

Thumbnail by mjsponies

no ideas? ok over to the plant id forum.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

I notice my lab lab bean vine Dolichos Ruby Moon has red
stems and red veins in the lvs.

Jackie

I've got Dolichos Ruby Moon, the leaves of this vine are smaller, and the stem is lax, I've compared to every vine I have and it's not similar to any.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.