CLOSED: Looking for Echinacea 'Tomato Soup' seed

Pretoria, South Africa

Can anybody help me with a few seeds please? Please have a look at my trading list.

Thanks,
Elsa

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I don't think if it does set seed that it will come true from the seed as it is a hybrid. All those fancy new colors are like that. This plant just came out a year or so ago too so the plants may not even be able to flower this soon. It would be neat to see what color the blooms would be if you do find any seed from it though.

Pretoria, South Africa

I am not too worried about the flowers coming true - here in SA we can only find the plain purple and white Echinacea. I am not aware of any others being offered, and believe me, I've been looking.... I just love having them in my garden.

Thanks
Elsa

I tried several of the new hybrid coneflower culivars(Green Envy, Sundown, Razzmataz, Doubledecker and a few others) last year from seed, this year they are starting to bloom and all have reverted back to purple conflowers. I was very disapointed, but had been warned this might happen. I will now splurge, once a year, buy the reall thing and replace some of the purple ones. This year I bought Coconut Lime.

Pretoria, South Africa

Beebe54, that explains why they don't even bother with the never hybrids. I think it just isn't worth the effort...

Thanks,
Elsa

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.