Ruby Giant

Hamilton, OH

Nice big round cones. Strong plant. Might need staking though.

Thumbnail by Nevermore44
(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

It's very pretty. I like the cones and the way the petals look shorter and stand out. It looks almost like a sun. Man...a yellow version of this would be awesome!

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

It is pretty. You can get some big blooms on this variety, that's for sure.

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

I'm surprised this plant isn't more popular. It really does stand out in the garden. The blooms are just ginormous! I also like that all the blooms appear to be symmetrical and perfectly formed.

This message was edited Jul 8, 2009 3:24 PM

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

A lovely pic with all those coneflowers blooming in your garden. I am a little envious of you for all those blooms. I like this one also. No blooms here yet but hoping the sunnier warmer weather may move things along a bit faster now. This is always a pretty dependable echinacea in my garden, even when the ground hog or squirrels get at it, it keeps on going season after season.

Hamilton, OH

Just to give a quick comparison from a ruby giant cone size to a coconut lime puff ball flower.

Thumbnail by Nevermore44
(Carisa) Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

I've been watching this one for a while, and I think I am going to have to get it! I really am so done with the pink coneflowers, but the size of the cone is irresistable, it looks great!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.