Need some positive pick-me-up movies

Phoenix, AZ

My daughter had a terrible accident just over a week ago and has a long recovery road ahead. It's going to be bad enough dealing with the physical part of it, but she's also fighting depression as the reality sinks in. I need some good - no, great! - movies with good story lines and positive messages. David triumphs over Goliath, the little guy/girl wins big, etc. All I can think of is Rocky, the first one, and I may rent that. I remember everyone leaving the theater cheering and that's what she needs. Sadly, that's where my train of thought stops dead. Can you think of some other movies? Here's what we're dealing with:

1) Her philandering husband left her for the girl 'chick' in the band. (He's an overgrown narcissist so it will be a good thing at some point in the future.)
2) Shortly after that she hit a low block wall, running full out in a race with her son. She completely severed her quad tendon just above her left knee and is in a full leg brace. Won't be able to drive for at least 6 weeks.

I'm the full-time caretaker, at least for the near future. I'm thinking I need some uplifting movies, too!

This thread has 17 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!