Mint - with and without

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

I am playing around with the following and have come up with a couple of uses... Can you find any more?

MINT:

a BIG bunch of Spearmint (or peppermint)...cut the woody stems and throw the rest in a blender with about 2C of water. Blend the dickens out of it. Let it sit for a while and then strain the pulp out. Take the pulp and blend it up again with a bit more water. Let it sit for a while (the flavors release). Strain into the other liquid and make ice cubes. When the cubes are made, save in a ziplock in the freezer. Sometimes I add some mint jelly (left overs for sweetener), some honey or some mint liquer (sp????).

I add a cube to a glass of icewater.
I melt a couple of cubes and add to lemonade (fabulous)
WITH - 2 cubes, soft if I can wait, regular ice, rum, tonic water or Sierra Mist or.......

I also do kinda the same thing with Ginger root by simmering it for a long time and then making ice cubes. Makes a great addition to plain water and incredible Gin and Tonics!!!

Anyone else have anything like this they do?

Carol

Thumbnail by AlohaHoya
This thread has 23 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!