The Corruption of the Organic Label

Moss Point, MS(Zone 8b)

As I have long suspected, here is an article describing the tricks played by food producers, processors and the USDA. Another case of good intentions gone awry. IMHO, the Organic Certification is already meaningless.

"People are really hung up on regulations," said Smillie, who is also vice president of the certifying firm Quality Assurance International, which is involved in certifying 65 percent of organic products found on supermarket shelves. "I say, 'Let's find a way to bend that one, because it's not important.' . . . What are we selling? Are we selling health food? No. Consumers, they expect organic food to be growing in a greenhouse on Pluto. Hello? We live in a polluted world. It isn't pure. We are doing the best we can."

I would encourage anyone that regularly purchases organic food to read this article carefully.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31719136/ns/health-more_health_news//

This thread has 24 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!