Looking for variegated Convallaria (lily of the valley)

West of Brisbane, Australia

Does anyone know where I might get hold of the variegated form of lily of the valley (not for myself!)?

just popped in because you don't seem to have a response ...no sorry I don't know ...I have tried to grow the normal one here but no luck even after chucking ice all over it in winter.
So perhaps it may nice to look at this ...lily of the valley is a fragrance I wore for many years until I could not get it any more.
My husband was born in the north of Italy where the fragrance of it heralds Spring (he lived at the foot of mountains) he says it grew wild in the rocky crevices.
So just for fun ...from one fragrance nut to another
http://boisdejasmin.typepad.com/_/2009/05/happy-may-day-lily-of-the-valley-fragrances.html

Inland S.E QLD , Australia

Sorry Cestrum to hijack your thread...Chrissy I love the scent too and have the fragrance'White lily of the Valley' made by 'Taylor of london' which I purchase from my local Pharmacy.

West of Brisbane, Australia

Ah, the hijacker gets hijacked :-)
Amazing to think such rare beauties here grow like weeds elsewhere ... but then there must be people overseas who think that about our grevilleas, wattles, bottlebrushes etc. Not to mention the kangaroos on the golfcourses, the kookaburras and parrots in backyard trees and the pythons in roof cavities!

This message was edited Jul 6, 2009 7:55 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.