July Gessie Photos

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Where are you all this hot hot weekend? Surely I am not the only person staying out of this heat.

Here are a few photos for today.
Blue Network

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Inky Convergence

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

This was marked by Kathy's Streps as Olwen but I have no idea who she is........nothing to write home about for sure! Disappointment.

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Raspberry Splash

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Rainbow's End

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Snow Plumb Pretty first bloom
I looked on Streptocarpus and the hybridizer is not listed but I see Bonnie's name on the picture. Is this one yours, Bonnie?

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

This one says Spirit, but I know this is wrong because I know what Spirit looks like. If anyone knows, please tell me....................

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Starry Night

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Suncoast Lavender is really growing big.

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Sylvia opening up first blooms.

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

That is the only leaf on this baby Victorian Brocade.

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Victorian Valentine

Thumbnail by gessiegail
Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Ajohn's Spinning Bells

Thumbnail by phoebesviolets
Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Strep Jacquie

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Spectacular Genes

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Little Lila

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Harmony's Pinkstone

Monticello, MN

Hi ,

Love the pics , one of mine :)

Two-w Marne

Thumbnail by viostrep
Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Pretty! I love the Two-W's!

Tiny Tim

Medford, NJ

Wow, Gail, all those flowers are breathtaking, each one prettier than the next! It must be great being able to enjoy them all in person.

Phoebe, are Spinning Bells, Little Lila, and Spec. Genes all mini's? They look so petite! I wish I had some gorgeous flowers to post, just a few hoya blooms....all from carnosa crosses like cv Minibelle for example. Just look like carnosas. Maybe soon some of my little violets will show me some action!

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Lil Periscope

Medford, NJ

oooh, you posted Tiny Tim while I was posting....I have 3 leaves rooting of that one! Lil Periscope looks so cute too.

This message was edited Jul 3, 2009 8:49 PM

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Trail Along

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Ajohn's Spinning Bells/Harmony's Pinkstone are standards(ASB is still a baby)
The others are mini's

Jim's Little Bunny

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Looks totally different when grown cooler!

Pink Jade

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

See the difference?--same plant!

Pink Jade

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I love Harmony's Pinkstone and step Jacquie........she died on me............glad to know what she looks like......very nice.

I feel badly for Syrumani......told her I was sending a Two-w Marne leaf and I was so silly I put it in water in the fridge and it froze!!

Phoebe, why are your pictures at the bottom of an empty space? I don't know how you did that.
They are all so much fun to see.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Our threads never follow any rules, Jmp.............jump right in with your hoya pics if you have some.......we post everything we grow (LOL)

Williston, ND

Gail your olwen is gwen,or at least it looks like it

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks so much, Jim. I really wanted Olwen...........can't decide whether to notify Kathy or not. Everything she sent in 2 orders I have lost because they were so tiny and not healthy........this is just the icing on the cake that I don't get Olwen.

Medford, NJ

I only have flowers on hoya carnosa and on cv Minibelle right now and that looks just like carnosa...but I do have buds on pottsii, cinnamomfolia, linearis, cv Mathilde, australis ssp tenuipes, and kentiana. So maybe in a week or so they will be open and I can get some good photos.
Phoebe, that is very interesting, the difference in Pink Jade. What is the temperature diff that causes that change?

Gail, I love that Olwen/not Gwen plant you have. I think it's beautiful, but then I love white flowers like that. Doesn't matter how pretty it is, though, if it's not what you ordered, then you shouldn't be happy with it. I ordered some plants from Kathy last fall. They were very small, and all didn't survive, but I take some of the blame on that. I lost Strep 'Handpainted' which I really loved, and still very small 'Cloud Nine' is trying to survive.

Strep 'Kim', which I got from Kathy at the same time, is blooming now (picture below). I like the flower on it and it looks like it's going to be a really compact plant, which is great! I want to get some more of the very compact ones. I think 'Tattoo' and 'Calico Print' are a couple. Anybody know of anymore really compact Streps?

Thumbnail by RainGazer
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

My Kim got real big, Amy. I will have to think of which ones stay compact.......I don't take the blame on losing so many from Kathy. I have all the time in the world to pamper streps.

Oh, I know you don't take the blame, Gail, and you shouldn't. But I do shoulder a bit of the blame. You saw pictures of mine when they first arrived, hardly more than rooted leaves. But I did get them up a little bigger when everything fell apart around here and the plants were not my main concern. I take some of the blame because I wasn't caring properly for them then, but on the other hand, had they been of an acceptable size when I received them, they would have lived. Remember the ones you sent me right about the same time? They are huge now! I didn't lose any of those, because they were large enough and healthy enough to survive some neglect.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I just went through my history of Paypal and I paid kathy over 125.00 and paid 12.00 for some of them and only have 3 that lived...........so I just emailed her and asked her to only send me Olwen.......and forget all the rest that died that I paid 12.00 each for.........including Franken Hannah Ellis, Katie, Zoe, B. Sixth scents and many more............

We shall see if she is willing to just send me an Olwen................

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Oh,such great pictures everyone!!
Gail,those Streps. are beautiful!! I just love them.
Phoebe,your Avs are sooo pretty.I love them all,but Tiny Tim and Pink Jade have such unusual coloration...yum.Jim's Little Bunny is just adorable. ^_^.
Viostrep,that 2 W is a cutie.

Lynn

I am so excited I just had to show you the beautiful box Goldleaf sent me!! Unfortunately my camera wasn't working right at first....darn!!
They all arrived so carefully packaged and labeled.

Thumbnail by lbrabec

She sent a beautiful blooming Champage Pink all wrapped up fancy like a bouquet from a florist.

Thumbnail by lbrabec

Here they are all potted up ready for their new home.This picture does not do them any justice at all.There is not even a dry edge on a leaf.Nobody can grow Episcias like GL.!!

Heidi,Thank you so much!! They are so gorgeous.I wish these pictures had captured that!!

Lynn ^_^ ^_^.

Thumbnail by lbrabec
Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Goldleaf has always been my inspiration on improving my growing.............lots of nice plants there, Lynn. Have fun with them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.