Venting

North Augusta, ON

I've had 2 family members pass away in the last week. An Aunt and an Uncle. How do I know this? I had to read it on Facebook. I don't know what I'm more upset about, them passing or the fact that nobody in my so-called family has bothered to tell me.
Granted, my Dad was the youngest of four, and he was 12 years younger than the youngest of his 3 sisters. That's a fair sized gap as far as my cousins and myself. Just because Dad is gone doesn't mean I'm not a part of the family anymore...or does it?

Had to say something or I was going to post something very sarcastic back to them on Facebook. Thanks for listening, you, my true family of friends.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Wow, that's terrible. What an awful way to find out. So inconsiderate of them. Common decency should mean something.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thats really hard to take.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

That is a horrbile way to find out. But maybe that was their way to let everyone know, was this before or after the funeral? If before and you have a chance to go to the funeral you can ask them why you didn't get a call.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

I hope it was before. That's a horrible way to find out.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

that's terrible... so sorry

North Augusta, ON

Thanks everybody.

My Aunt called late last night to tell me, so I feel better. DH said I was being unreasonable. Probably.
Like he pointed out to me, my Aunts all have a 2, 3 or 4 kids, oodles of grand kids and great grand kids. They're probably very busy with their own families. While out here it's just Mom, DB and myself...

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

well that's good... emotions do take over in times like that.. sometimes you just can't help it

New York, NY(Zone 6b)

But if you did not have Facebook, and that particular Aunt could not contact you, you might not found out for quite awhile. My distant relatives are not close, so we find out information a few weeks later. I understand how you felt at that time, most likely it was a quiet funeral. But you are still part of the family. Send a card or call anyway.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.