July 2009

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

It looks like Rusty is running a bit behind so I went ahead and started a new thread for the month.

I hope everyone is staying cool in the heat!!

I have started a thread for the fall RU. Right now we just need to know who all would be willing to host and go from there. So if interested please mention it. I don't know if EvaMae is up for hosting this fall so want to make sure we at least have another option.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1009752/

Camdenton, MO(Zone 6a)

I am fairly new to this forum and have seen "spring RU" and "fall RU" mentioned a few times. What is "RU"?

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

ImaMes,
It means Round Up, some members that come here get together and visit, eat and trade plants with each other. I've been to 2 Round Ups, they are fun. There is a Spring RU and a Fall RU every year, which is what there is upcoming, a Fall RU for us.
Will

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

It's a wonderful experience to hostess one but also lot fo work. Mostly extra cooking, Being sure you have enough room for everyone to spread out somewhat. a placeto set the plants, etc.

I'm about asleep having taken the Ambien a while a go.

GOD bless & keep each of you.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

You also need shelter for everyone in case of rain. We have been down that road before. LOL. 20+ people trying to find room to sit, stand, cook, eat, draw for doorprizes, etc. in my LR, kitchen, and enclosed front porch. But I love doing it. If we can keep the place cleaned up, we will think about doing it in the fall, but another hostess is also an option I can live with. I think Pepper grandmother is probably way to tired for another one. I could tell the last one she did was a strain on her even tho she has a lot of family help. Just havin large groups of people in your home all day when you are older gets to be hard.

Have an blessed and safe Independence Day. Don't forget those who have given and those who continue to give so that we can still have this day to celebrate. It is more than just a time for parties, folks. We need to reflect on the condition of our nation and what the values it was founded on are.

Cherryvale, KS

Happy July fellow gardeners! My iris are all through and daylillies are the talk of my garden. Have a hibiscus in bloom, and 1 canna. Need to thin out 4 daylillies and some hardy geranium. Had a nice rain over the week-end. Hope you decide to have the RU in Wichita, if it is a time that I could come. pic Captain Indigo

Thumbnail by NickysIris

I might start a thread in a week or so to have everyone pick where to have it.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

BUMP!

I wonder to know anyone know area in Saint Louis motel cheap...
I going on vacation to Family Reunion in Illinois this weekend...

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

What highway will you be using? I can tell you the safer areas to stay. Downtown is expensive, staying in the county is much cheaper, a difference of 10-20 minutes from the city.

This message was edited Jul 29, 2009 2:41 PM

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

going to I-44 to I-55...
Gonna take my dog with me...

This message was edited Jul 29, 2009 5:22 PM

I've had good results with best westerns, you might try them. I don't know what hotels allow animals, sorry.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I just found it good that I remember what my mom told me "Motel 6" so, pet allowed...

I can go see the Cahokia Mds. St. Hist. site...

Sedalia, MO

Rusty Days inn's allow pets to, or some of them do, that's usually where we stay when we travel.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I just found near Cohokia Mds. in Collinville, IL...

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Well, I just stop in Collinsville, IL yesterday and it start raining around 1 pm and sure I took some pixs at Cohokia Mds. and sure it nice here and this early am got foggy and misting so fresh air ...

So, I just leaving now and get to Peoria by 12 pm...

Have a great time!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I just got home an hour ago and it was too hot to drive so my dog, Rusty is homesick, again! I had to go home for his sake! So, he is now happy and get some good cool...

Saturday morning that time I left early am and drove on I-44 and it shock me which 4 black peoples in fancy car on right side lane and I just back up for case it happen so it happen fall sleep on driving left to on grass and it hit twice big bump back came off and hit front on left side pretty hard and it was 2 women adult and 2 girls in back seat so I did pull over and see they are okay so all are okay and not hurt...
Gosh, it really scared of me!

Here what I took yesterday, I go to Peoria just before... Nice 1915 (?) Panel wood truck...

Thumbnail by JuJu55

Glad no one was hurt!!! Love that truck!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.