It's July! What's Happening in Your Neighborhood?

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Welcome to all! We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1006249/

Happy July! My only thought is it's getting closer to November when we'll cool down a little! I think October is going to be warm this year.

Kiksa – That is a neat picture of your GK’s and the reindeer!
Celia- Welcome back! Looking forward to pics!
Rann – Cute pic of Hildur Eva LOL! She’s so pretty. We call that the “snaggletooth” look!
Joey – We’ve missed you! No one takes a picture of me in my hat LOL! It’s reallllly dorky LOL! JW is adorable, Yeager has that wild eyed goofy puppy look, very pretty daylily!
Kiska – your GK’s are going to be jet-setters! They look so happy to see you.
Ric – Good job on the shakers!
Pepper – You have a pretty drive to work. How far do you drive everyday?

75.9 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 98%
Dew Point: 76 °F
Wind: 6.4 mphfrom the SW
Wind Gust: 7.5 mph
Pressure: 29.77 in (Rising)
Heat Index: 75 °F
Visibility: 7.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Today
Partly cloudy. High 90. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Peruvian Daffs are still blooming!

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

Cloudy, fairly calm and 58°F at 9 am this morning .... could see 60°F again today :-) The rain that was forecast for the entire week is a no show ..... I'm not complaining .... but it would have been nice to get one day of rain so I wouldn't have to water the garden ;-) I think I need to get the hose out....

Joey! Hi! AW JW is so cute .... and so is Yeager .. what a cute dog :-)

Ric - lol ..... yeah the toothfairy does visit Iceland nowadays .... didn't when I was a kid though ... never heard of the toothfairy growing up ;-)

Hope you all have a great day!

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

66° after a low of 62°
Drizzley but we did get .15" of rain last night.

Sharon I thought that was a Spider Lily at first. Very Pretty!

Rann that's a Gorgeous setting!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning! What a sunny mornin' it is, too! The temp is 70° & it's only supposed to get to about 75°! :D I think we're gonna get some rain this afternoon. I won't water flowers much this morning....hoping that it will.

Ric, Those Shaker's look really great! You & Robyn have done so many nice things to your house! Gee! Look at all of the 'babies!" Wow!
Sharon! LOL! I think we need to see the "dorky hat" look! :D I personally don't wear hats, because after I take one off I feel like it's still on my head! :D Love the Daff...You must have one super long blooming season!
Rann, I'm glad that the tooth fairy comes to Iceland! That pretty little smile needs some kind of reward! ;) Your garden looks so Lush!
Kiska, Glad that Mt. Redoubt is waning! I hope that the earth quakes do too. The GK's look very happy to see the grandparents! :D
Celia! Let's see some of those pics! :D Can't wait! :D
Pepper, What a neat drive! "shady lanes".... :D

Have a GREAT DAY!
Joey

(Buttered Popcorn)

This message was edited Jul 1, 2009 9:45 AM

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 7a)

Let's get this part over 1st...

77.1 °F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 39%
Dew Point: 50 °F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 5.0 mph
Pressure: 29.91 in (Falling)
Heat Index: 78 °F
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 3 out of 16
Clouds: Few 7000 ft
Scattered Clouds 11000 ft
Scattered Clouds 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

Okay, this is the Coliumbia River. It's so green along the river and coastal OR.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

The Dalles dam.

This message was edited Jul 1, 2009 10:07 AM

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

The whole trip was the scenic route.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

This is a windmill blade and it's about 100' long. The windmills dotted all along the route we drove home.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Here they are!

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

We saw lots of cool stuff.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Multnomah Falls. A few years ago a rock fell from the wall and crashed through a bridge at the bottom. Fortunately, no one was on the bridge!

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

We drove at night on the way out. As the sun was just lighting the sky, we rounded a corner and Mt. Hood came into view.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

We saw a lot of very beautiful scenery but it was the simple things that catch my attention the most.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Oregon Gardens. So beautiful and full of comic moments. ^_^

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

These water ponds were new since the last time we went.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Enough pretty stuff. Who likes baseball?!?! The local team, the Volcanoes, beat the visiting team, the Boise Hawks, 12-3.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Rainey, Amber and Liza, L-R. Guess who the shy one is?

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Liza is 2. Dad missed a play and asked what happened. Liza told him. She said the boy tried to hit the other boy with the ball and then the other boy ran away.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Thanks for coming on the trip. I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Celia just Lovely!

Those are the windmills we're reconditioning.
They ship the gear boxes all the way here.

I've been to both the Falls and the Dam.
Love those ponds.
That's some PRETTY Country!

Looks like the Family up there is doing just fine. Lovely Portrait!

Well we might as well be up there.
It's still just 66° and light rain off and on.
We went to KMart, looking for solar lights, no luck but did get some nice spikes.
Lowes, had the lights and the trim.
And our monthly stop at Walmart.

Ric

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Great pictures, Celia, and lots of variety in that trip. I like that kind.

It feels hotter than this.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 1 hr 41 min 0 sec ago
82 °F
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 34%
Dew Point: 51 °F
Wind: 5 mph Variable
Pressure: 29.83 in (Falling)
UV: 11 out of 16
Clouds: Few 15000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

coyote at Orcutt Ranch

Thumbnail by Kelli
(Zone 7a)

Thanks!

Great picture! He's not paying attention to the yellow tape. ^_^

This message was edited Jul 1, 2009 2:38 PM

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

74 º cloudy and cool. We went from the 90's all last week to closing windows this week. I've been frantically weeding, trying to stay ahead of the mosquitos. I got 3 large beds done. DH has been helping weed the garden and we've dug a few potatoes. Peas seem to be done. Stripped the vines this morn, and have a patty pan squash almost ready to pick. Eating the swiss chard too.

Sorry to not comment. I have a lot to catch up on.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Really nice today with a high around 83 and a breeze.

Sharon, I drive about 3-4 miles from work and it's about 4 miles to the center of town (from the house) and it takes 10-15 minutes to both areas since I take gravel. If I drive 55 mph or so I could get there in 5 but I have only driven that fast a few times. Fastest I will go is about 45 but usually I'm creeping along at 35-40.

It takes 10-15 minutes to get anywhere from here at home. LOL.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Wow--I'm away for one day and now I'm behind again!
Kelli: love that sunset. Were those apple trees in the photo with the coyote? Do coyotes eat apples?
Sharon: Justin looks like he is ready for a trip through the Australian outback in that hat. LOL
Pepper: pretty daylilies and peaceful looking country lane. There are a lot of roads like that in our county--the streets in Cabot will be all clear after a snow in the winter but the country roads will sometimes take days to thaw out. Therefore, the Cabot schools will be closed for several days because our school district encompasses not only Cabot but the smaller nearby towns of Austin and Ward and a lot of the county, too.
Joey: JW is growing up but he still has some baby fat left--Such good sugar under that little chin! :o)) Buttered Popcorn is gorgeous and I love the edible kind, too! LOL
Celia: welcome back! Absolutely Fabulous photos!--thanks for the "tour". The photo of RAiney, Amber and Liza is excellent and they are all happy looking. Liza's hair-do is so cute!
Kiska: I know you are enjoying the gkids and I am sure they are having a good time, too. The reindeer looks as if it is "molting" its winter coat.
BP: I think I'm going to move in with you--I could stand some weather like 74ºF and cloudy. My windows haven't been open in weeks!

Yesterday afternoon I just knew we were going to get some rain. A big black cloud blew over, things cooled off and the wind was blowing. It rained about 5 drops and then went right on to the northeast! Just a little south of us there was a hard rain and they even had some golf-ball-sized hail. You would have "thunk" that some of that rain would have made its way up to my house, but no. :o((

Here's what the cloud looked like.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

The cloud did provide us with a pretty sunset, though.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Rann: I forgot to mention that the photo of Hildur Eva is just precious!

Currently it is 75ºF and Dyson dark.
People are shooting off fireworks (illegally) in the area and Friday barks everytime he hears the firecrackers go off. I hope this doesn't continue all night!

Here's another one of the sunset last night:

Thumbnail by marsue
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Pretty Sunset!
You'd have loved it heretoday Mau.
66º and a light breeze.
Currently getting a little shower.
Tomorrow 75º and partly cloudy.
It appears we will be around 60 every night for a week.

Ric

Marilyn, those are grapefruit trees. I don't think coyotes eat citrus. (They don't eat the ones in our yard.) They will eat other fruits, though. They eat wild fruits and a while back there was coyote poo in our yard that had loquat seeds in it. That coyote is probably after ground squirrels or gophers. (More power to him.)

Since you mentioned it - young apples at Orcutt Ranch

Thumbnail by Kelli
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Rann – Your gardens are beautiful!
Joey – Buttered Popcorn yummm I can almost smell it! I have my yard hat and my baseball caps (they’re girly – not teams). I have a 3” scar across my chin so I wear hats in the sun. Oh and I’ll see if I can get Justin to model my hat for you LOL!
Celia – Thank you for the tour! What a beautiful area and great job on the pics. They’re great.
Kelli – Great picture!
Pepper – Nice temps! I’m jealous LOL!
Mau – We get that thunderstorm look then nothing here too! Give me the rain LOL! Lovely sunset!

76.3 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 84%
Dew Point: 71 °F
Wind: 0.0 mphfrom the SW
Wind Gust: 8.8 mph
Pressure: 29.92 in (Rising)
Heat Index: 77 °F
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 400 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Today
Partly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 95. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent. Heat index readings 101 to 105.

Powder Puff

Thumbnail by MySharona
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Kelli it makes you wonder where the term 'Coyote Ugly' comes from.
I always though they were and are beautiful animals.
GREAT Shot!
We catch glimpses of them here and occasionally see scat but never a photo op.

Cool here again today and 63° .
We were at 60° when I got up.
Going for the mid 70's and mostly cloudy.
Which means probably the mid 80's lol!
We did get another bit of rain last evening.

Thought you get a kick out of the 'before' shot of the Flamingo Garden.
This is in July of 2006.
We inherited the Junk.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
(Zone 7a)

Wow, Ric! That's a HUGE difference! I'm assuming you recycled some of it?

Thanks, everyone. We had such a good time. I just wish Darrell could have come with us.

Sharon, I love that powder puff. So pretty.

Mau, did the fireworks go on for long?

73.4 °F with 85º for the high. We had rain last evening. I saw dark clouds that don't turn into anything while talking to a friend on the phone. She did a rain dance for me and it worked! LOL
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 51%
Dew Point: 54 °F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 6.0 mph
Pressure: 29.99 in (Falling)
Heat Index: 77 °F
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 12000 ft
Scattered Clouds 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Wow, great pics Celia! Thanks for the trip!
I'm so behind, I'll try to catch up with you. It's been very rainy here, we had a bad storm last night again. But it was good for the garden.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
(Zone 3b)

Nearly 50*F. The nice sunny days continue w/just enough rain to help keep the vegetation lush and green.
Thanks for the new thread, MySharona. The daffodil is cool.
kwanjin~gorgeous trip pics-looks like you had a great time.
ric~before and after photos are always fun to see. Wonderful changes you and Robyn have made.
marsue~the gkids are doing their best to keep us young:) Getting together today w/cousins and going to a lake for a while later today.
Those pink clouds are so pretty.
kelli~great pic of the coyote and apples.
bp~I can certainly understand what you mean by those mosquitoes. Harvesting already sounds good, too.
pepper~we're also about 3 miles from town; with the road construction now, it also takes about 10-15 minutes. I usually like to go the limit, 55, weather permitting.

Thumbnail by kiska
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Nice and cool for the most part and partly cloudy.

Tall Phlox 'David'

Thumbnail by pepper23
(Zone 7a)

It's raining!

NE Medina Co., TX(Zone 8a)

It's about 96°, seems hotter, forecast says 10% chance of rain...but it doesn't look like we're going to get any...again! But at least we have an occasional cloud for relief from the sun today. The drought continues, Exceptional level, water restrictions at Stage II, grasses are turning brownish again, ground is crispy. This is Flor de San Juan, a tough plant that is native and likes rocky hills.

Thumbnail by LindaTX8

It got up into the 90s today. It was 70F at the beach, though it felt warmer than that because the sun is strong.

Short video of the beach
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3t3v0GE8cs

(Zone 5a)

Pretty beach Kelli :-) The water looks very inviting ...

Our rabbit Fríða somehow manged to rip out a nail on her front paw .... it's completely gone and I've been struggling for 2 hours to stop the bleeding .... she's not a very cooperative patient unfortunately .... I think the bleeding is finally stopped after generous helpings of "sure clot" ..... hope it won't start again .... (sigh) .. it was pretty messy.

Rann

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.