DAILY PICS. #228

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Wow, Margaret. Great series. That pine looks so much different than the one in my Mom's living room! LOL.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

LOL, Mrs. Ed. Margaret. Love all the shots, but especially the last pix. What beautiful swan!

Marlton, NJ

Great shots everyone!

Margaret, It's such a joy to see all the variety you have!

Linthicum Heights, MD(Zone 7a)

Nice photos, burn. Glad to see you got an American Redstart. I don't see a lot of them.

nanny, I'm always partial toward Pileated Woodpecker photos. Excellent series.

Margaret, I echo all others comments. Great to see the constant variety of birdlife from your home territory.

Essex Junction, VT(Zone 4a)

Great shots!!

Finally have one to share, though it is a bit blurry. Woodpecker feeding youngin'

Thumbnail by evie_beevie
Essex Junction, VT(Zone 4a)

I also wanted to share this chickadee nest. It is SO gorgeous - moss, grass, nest material stuff I bought and who knows what else.

I'm glad to see the nest empty because I missed the babies leaving. That means I had three successful nests this year - SO excited (first year to have any at all, and first year I put out a house).

Thumbnail by evie_beevie
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

evie, sweet woodpecker pix. Congrats on the successful fledgelings of your chickadees!

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Amazing captures everyone. What a great place to visit every day and I love seeing all of your beautiful photos.

This is one of our beautiful Bald Eagles flying by the house.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

One of my Lesser Goldfinches.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

They are loving the bugs on the Hollyhocks these days.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

The Orioles are picking bugs off the Hollyhocks too.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Wow, Duc the goldfinch on Hollihock is just as pretty as can be!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Whoa! The Oriole and the bright pink flowers! It pops! Gorgeous!!! What gorgeous gardener's helper those birds are!

Marlton, NJ

That is great evie!!

Wonderful pics guys!

Love your shots duc!

Up until now we have had very overcast skies. Here is a male Northern Flicker on my neighbors roof, he was calling out to his mate (who was answering).

Thumbnail by pelletory
Clinton, MD(Zone 7a)

Here's a couple shots of the male Cardinal

Thumbnail by Methodical
Clinton, MD(Zone 7a)

2nd shot

Thumbnail by Methodical
Clinton, MD(Zone 7a)

Female House Sparrow

Thumbnail by Methodical
Clinton, MD(Zone 7a)

Chicadee

Thumbnail by Methodical
Clinton, MD(Zone 7a)

Male Red-bellied Woodpecker

Thumbnail by Methodical
Marlton, NJ

Great shots Met!

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

Methodical,nice shots,love the cardinal exercising his wings.!!!

Clinton, MD(Zone 7a)

Here's the Carolina Wren. These are shots from the winter. I missed the little bird. He was comical.

Thumbnail by Methodical
Clinton, MD(Zone 7a)

2nd shot of the Wren

I must've been typing when you guys sent a message.

Thanks Pelletory and Huggergirl.

Lith...lucky you to find their nesting site.

I found an American Redstart's nest and got some shot of them. The mother and father were constantly moving to get bugs for the babies.

This message was edited Jul 1, 2009 1:19 PM

Thumbnail by Methodical
Wilmar, AR(Zone 8a)

Love all the pics, everyone! I'm with huggergirl, it's difficult to comment on every picture.
Love the wren pics, Meth...for such a little bird they certainly are vocal and fierce
Oh, and ducbucin...that Oriole/hollyhock pic is worthy of framing

Birding's been kinda slow lately. I do have a 2nd brood of bluebirds but haven't gotten a decent shot of them yet. Hope to find time to do some watching and picture taking soon.

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

I have 4 boxes with house wrens,and they do sing their little hearts out .it is sure amazing how a little bitty bird can sing and chatter sooo loud.I need to get some bird pix. I should be seeing some fledglings.

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Hugger, that house looks just perfect with all the greenery around there. Speaking of greenery, wish we had some, ours is all brown.

Meth, cute Wren pictures. You can see all that personality. Your wp, chick and sparrow are beautiful. That Cardinal is just gorgeous!!

Pelle, great shot of the No. Flicker too!!

Stafford County, VA

Pity the poor Praying Mantis

Thumbnail by 2dCousinDave
Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

So enjoying all the photos here...great series Margaret, Met and Duc!!
They weather here just isn't cooperating at all. We cooled off but now we have rain again!!

These pice are REALLY REALLY AWFUL....BUT ....we had 3 Pileateds out in our tree tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just about fell out!

Photo 1 is of our DAD that has been coming...

Thumbnail by nanny_56

photo number is Dad's juvie...have to look hard to see it...it is peeking around the to the other side of the tree so you really don't see it head.... Just its back and tail.

Thumbnail by nanny_56

it is peeking around the tree looking at this one peeking back at it!! I think this is the one that was here the other night and all over all the feeders! So Pileated Woodpecker #3!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

A slightly better shot of pileated #3...

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Marlton, NJ

You are so lucky nanny!!!

DAD and Juvie at 8:15 this morning

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Thanks pelle....I am just stunned!!!! Sure wish I could get better pics of them.

This morning DAD did leave this juvie so it could learn to get food from the feeder it's self. DAD went up high in the tree and Juvie came down to the feeder. It tried a little. But when DAD took off it followed.

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

The woodpeckers are so adorable!!!!

Fresno, CA(Zone 9b)

Burn, that Osprey built that nest atop an architectural feature featuring (yes, I did that on purpose) spikes so she wouldn't do that!

Shame on her! Why won't she mind???

Cute,
Linda

Fresno, CA(Zone 9b)

Margaret, no! He didn't REALLY grab your camera and finger, did he? Really? Geez!
Methodical, it took me a moment to see that seed in the Chicadee's beak.

Duc, gr8 pics, as usual. Awesome!

Margaret, that Wattlebird is so different!

You guys are so lucky to have such a variety of lovely, colorful and dramatically marked birds.

Thx for sharing them with us.

Linda

Sandusky, OH

Great Photo's Everyone!! This thread has lot's of variety, I can only add a couple today. Some of these are not very good, but i was hauling some wood to my brother's house and took the camera with me he live's in a rural area, haul your own water rural. There was a wide variety of bird's but it was very low light and I forgot my mosquito spray. Got a few pics while being eaten alive. lol

Song Sparrow

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

Song Sparrow lil closer

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

Turkey Vulture

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.