NEW "FALL" FREEPORT SWAP 09

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT OUR FALL SWAP WILL BE HELD

SAT: OCT 3RD
IN THE FREEPORT PK FREEPORT MICH 49058
TIME :: 11AM TILL WHEN EVERY WE ARE READY TO BREAK UP :)

PLEASE BRING YOUR PLANTS POTTED IN POT'S OR WASHED & LABLED PROPERLY .

IF YOU WOULD LIKE A NICE GARDENING GIFT BRING A WRAPPED GARDENING GIFT PLACED INTO A BROWN PAPER BAG SO NO ONE CAN TELL WHAT YOU HAVE . DRAWING AFTER THE SWAP .

IF YOU CAN BRING A SNACK TREY OF SORTS THAT WOULD BE NICE .
BRING YOUR OWN DRINKS ALSO.

THERE IS A PLAY GROUND FOR KIDS BUT YOU MIGHT LIKE TO BRING SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER THEM WHILE YOU PLAY :) .

WE HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME THIS LAST SPRING , WE TRADED FOR SOME REALLY GREAT PLANTS WE ALL WANT TO DO IT AGAIN .
HOPE THE REST OF YOU CAN COME SHARE IN THE FUN :)

EVERYONE BROUGHT A GRADENING GIFT & WE DREW FOR THE GIFTS IT WAS FUN & WE ALL RECIEVED
NICE GIFTS . FOR OUR HARD WORK OF GARDENING :)

SO BRING A WRAPPED GIFT IF YOU WANT IN ON THE FUN .

LOOK FORWARD TO THE FUN & CHAT WITH FRIENDS IF I HAVE LEFT ANYTHING OUT OUR SECRETARY ""MS BIRDIE"
WILL FILL YOU IN .

HERE IS THE JUNE 09 SPRING SWAP http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/946020/

This message was edited Sep 24, 2009 8:33 PM

Thumbnail by deejay9
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Okay will have to check the le work schedule.... Hope I have it off. Had a great time at the spring swap. Ronna

Jenison, MI(Zone 6b)

Ok, so, who is who???

LEFT TO RIGHT :

RONNA , BIRDIE1, DEEJAY9, WIGGLYPAW, LEANN (BIZZIE11 & HUBBY KRIS , & OUR OWN SHEL ( SHELBELLE) RIGHT UP FRONT .

IF YOU WANT TO SEE WHAT TYPE OF PLANTS EACH BROUGHT PLEASE GO TO THE SPRING SWAP & TAKE A LOOK .

RONNA PLEASE TELL YOUR SUPERVISER YOU WANT OR NEED THAT DAY OFF :) WE NEED YOU THERE .

JOE: YOUR NOT WORKING DAYS SO YOU CAN MAKE IT & NO EXCUSE WE WOULD LIKE A FEW OF
THOSE BEAUTY'S YOU HAVE :))) .

SUSIE

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

I'm so sorry about your kidney stones. OUCH! I had those years ago and still cringe when I think of the pain. Could write a book. Glad you're back in action.

Brenda

ty Brenda & yes they hurt but only when i walk I go in tomorrow to get a shot & find out what if anything they will do for me . besides drug me up .
RIGHT NOW I CANNOT THINK VERY WELL & i NEED TO GO TO BED :) yOU ALL HAVE A GREAT EVENING

SUSIE

THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE A FEW PICTURES OF A FEW OF THE PLANTS i WILL BE SHARING AT THE SWAP .

Thumbnail by deejay9

WITCHES BREW IS A SPIDER

Thumbnail by deejay9

THIS IS LITTLE FELLOW

Thumbnail by deejay9
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Well I put in a slip today asking for the tenth of october off so we will see. Ronna

NO TAG FOR THIS

Thumbnail by deejay9
AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Very pretty flowers. Got any named "stoner"? :)

RONNA THE SWAP IS ON THE 3 OF OCT NOT THE 10TH :)

LOON: maybe i should name one stoner or maybe you can just call me stoner :) hehe
doc says i have many small stones & nothing blocking the passage so they cannot go in & crush them for they are small & will pass , yeah right . i feel like I'm on a boat as much water as i have been drinking .

well its off to bed here soon you all have a great week .

birdie I have the announcements all made up will get them out by this next week .
great chatting with you tonight .

good nite all

susie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Susie I know that I wasn't even paying attention to what I wrote!!! Thanks. I did put the third on my note to the manager!!!;) Ronna

COOL JUST WANTED TO KEEP YOU ON THE RIGHT TRACK WITH US :)) CAN'T BE A SWAP WITHOUT YOU :)

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

it was nice chatting with you too susie!! i've been busy in the barn, I've got chickens hatching peacocks for me like crazy. hope everyone watched the spring swap video, I'm already planning the "Fall video" :)
.Also, I recently picked up 5 or 6 extra disposable tablecloths to bring in case we come up short.

Another thing, now is the time to ask your friends and family to start saving those "extra" pots for you, before they toss or recycle them.

ALSO IF YOU HAVE MORE THEN YOU CAN USE PLEASE BRING FOR OTHERS TO USE :)
WILL BE SHARE SOME OF MY RED HOT POKERS ALSO .

Thumbnail by deejay9
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Love your red hot pokers Susie I have a few to bring also. They do not blossom for me not enought full fun... Bummer. Why have them if they do not blossom? I got them on a secret swap. I tried them again still no blossoms. So goodbye to ya! Ronna

yes they need sunshine I had some next to the north side of the house & they would not bloom. but i moved them out 5ft & wa - la look at them bloom .
ronna going to dmail u soon .

WOULD LIKE TO WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY 4TH OF JULY GOOD NITE ALL

SUSIE

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

Happy 4th of July everybody!

Susie and I discussed having a "snack potluck" after the swap. So later today I'll be posting a list of food items, and if you're interested in participating you can sign up to bring that item. Sound good? That way we'll have a good variety.
Okay then, have fun today, and stay safe. Birdie

Thumbnail by 1Birdie
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks Susie I answered the dmail. Ronna

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

Here is a very "loose"list of ideas as far as snacks for our potluck following the Freeport Fall Swap
chips& dips
mexican chips and dip or salsa
cheese and cracker tray
meat tray (i'll bring little rolls to make little sandwiches)
depending on the amount of people maybe 2 of these?
veggies and dip
fruit tray
a couple desserts.
or if u make something special and want to bring that just sign up for that item
I have the coffee, punch, plates,napkins, cups,etc , allready covered.

when you sign up,i'll keep a running list, with spread sheet.
Have a goodnight. Birdie

I will Bring a Fruit Tray Keep in mind this is just going to be FINGER Foods &
as our group is SMALL Just Bring a small tray .

Birdie send out the invite's to the ones that was at the last swap NON MEMEBERS Of DG.
so i hope to hear from a few of them to know if they will be there or not .

well it is time to go water & feed my critters & say good morning .
Have a great day .

susie

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I will bring a yummy dessert of some kind... Ronna

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

our group is small. but what do we do about the people who show up in response to the article in the paper, or the pin up that will be in the library?

I Wrote a note to each of the ones who was there & let them know we would like to have snacks trays if they could bring & gave a list so we will see who brings what . if we run out so be it :)) i think your cookies were great ::) Hope those are on your tray :) .

busy day & I have to go get my DL & License Plates tomorrow . so if i have to wait in line i guess i better,
chat tomorrow . have a great even .

an unknown lily pretty up close

Thumbnail by deejay9
Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

for you...........cookies there will be! Susie, do you recognize any of these daylilies?

Thumbnail by 1Birdie
Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

or this one?

Thumbnail by 1Birdie
Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

this one??

Thumbnail by 1Birdie

Not sure of #1 But #2 sorta looks like http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a129/skohler1949/2009%20DAYLILIES/?action=view¤t=MAGICDAWN.jpg
OR " BEPPIE"

& #3 LOOKS LIKE MY GRAND CRU :

WELL OFF TO THE SECRATARY OF STATE :( TO STAND IN LINE
HAVE A GREAT DAY WILL CHECK BACK SOON

SUSIE

JAY

Thumbnail by deejay9
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh. Birdie I love the middle one... Pretty. Oh yeah I forgot. My other daughter Amanda has announced that her and Justin are getting married next July!!! Ronna

This message was edited Jul 8, 2009 8:19 PM

This message was edited Jul 10, 2009 6:40 PM

Plainwell, MI(Zone 6a)

Ronna, we better start thinking of more shower ideas!!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Got that right... LOL. Still not sleeping well Birdie? Late post for you. Ronna

This message was edited Jul 10, 2009 6:42 PM

HI ALL can't stay & chat long I'm so so sore tonight got to lay back but thought i would share with ne my new little garden spots Not new just ""RENEWED"""

#1 before shot

Thumbnail by deejay9

& Now It looks like this still lots of work to do yet . with my cypress. chips

Thumbnail by deejay9
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Wow, Susie! Very nice. I am going to be moving more of my plants soon also. Well I may not be able to come to the swap after all. I have been invited to a wedding the same day as the swap. I do not know what to do! The wedding is in Grand Haven...? Its my Ex-husbands niece. Both of my daughters are in the wedding. What would you do? I want to go to both! ;] Ronna

Well My Friend All I can Say is in your case your family should proble come 1st & Formost for our plants will always be there :) if you would like maybe we can meet for lunch & you can get your lilies not to worry .

as for me I would choose a plant swap over any ole wedding anyday :)))) we can save you your plants :)
besides long way off & they might change their Minds :))))

Just kidding

Thumbnail by deejay9
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Thats what I was thinking lol. Ronna

GREAT MINES THINK ALIKE :) WE WILL MISS YOU BUT WE ALSO UNDERSTAND . BUT STAY IN TOUCH

SUSIE

Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi susie I hope you are on the mend from the kidney stones!!! How painful!

I can come to the Fall swop. I will have a ton of celosia's. I think. and Poppies.

I don't know what else.

we got 200 chicks and ducks and I am busy pestering with them. trying to
get them off to a great start and then butcher in 6 weeks.
I have to have surgery on my right rotator cuff, it retore with a large tear the
mri said. dr. horton in hastings is going to do it.
sometime in august I think.

we are getting 25 dominiques and 10 black runner ducks august 12 too. my
husband Lou will be so busy!
I will have him keep those baby ducks and chicks in the chicken coop in the
cordoned off section so the other hens and rooster can see them and get to
know them and not kill them when they come out of the closet. LOL.

I got a new mixer today, a Bosch Kitchen mixer, 800 watts and it mixes
about 6 loaves of bread in one batch and kneads it, then you raise in in that
bowl and punch it down, then transfer to your baking pans for final raise.
You can make really soft good chewy crispy bread with it I discovered. I made
two big french breads and 6 hard rolls tonight with it. took about 15 minutes
total. amazing. I can't wai8t tomake my dog and my horse cookies. OMG!!!
Its been so long since I have been able to mix a dough with my stupid arm and
the pain I have been in. This is a miracle!

Hugs to everyone
Sheri

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.