Ottawa area - Garden Tour, Strawberry Social Garden Boutique

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Greetings to Ottawa area people.

There will be a garden tour on Saturday, July 11. It includes 8 gardens belonging to members of Emmanuel United Church and a strawberry social and garden boutique (plants and accessories) at the church. Time is between 1 pm and 4:30 pm. Tickets are $20 (fundraiser for the church) and are available through the church office - 691 Smyth Rd., 613 733 0437 or Dmail me and I can arrange tickets. We are hoping to sell as many tickets as possible by July 8 in order to gauge how many strawberries will be needed.

Ann

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn
White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

Hi Ann, How are your sales going? Count me in. I'll Dmail you.

Sandy

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Sorry I missed this, Ann - thanks for posting though.

White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

It was a very nice tour indeed. Each garden was very interesting and different, all of them lovely. It rained, but that didn't take away from the day at all.

Strawberry shortcake was yum!

I bought a Tin Man at the Garden Boutique. I put Mr. Tin-Man on top of an 8' stake overlooking the daylily garden as he's practicing to be a scarecrow. Not that there's many crows in my garden - but I'm all for supporting his dreams. lol.

Hope it was a worthwhile fundraiser, Ann?

Sandy

Thumbnail by sanannie
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Oh that tin man is fun. You snapped it up before I ever saw it.

The garden tour wasn't huge - sold 39 tickets for the tour and another 7 for strawberries only. We likely could have done better on that end if we'd advertised that they would be available since the weather was poor. They took in about $300 at the boutique and sold more plants after church the next day (I wasn't there as we were out with DH's sports car to an event). Anyway, the final total was just under $1300 for the church. Not bad consider in we had an awful time finding a date, finally going to July when lots of people are at cottages.

White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

$1300 is great! I know you were heavily involved in the organizing. Congrats!

Sandy

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Thanks for coming. When will you be in town again? Would love you have you visit when we have time to talk.

White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

Yeah, I had a few questions but could see you were busy with others on tour in your garden. I'll let you know next time I'm in town and have time for a proper hosta tour.

Sandy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.