Who do you think this is?

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Sorry it is fuzzy, but I just noticed the bloom as the rain started and ran to get the camera cause I'm so excited.

I just planted it last October, purchased it through Chalk Hill when they were closing out their retail side of the business.

I have no idea of who this is as my temp tags were taken by the squirrels and I can't find my receipt to at least give you a choice of 4 clems to pick from.

After the rain lets up I'll go take some more.

Janet

Thumbnail by meadowyck
(Zone 4a)

So cute! I can't wait to find out what it is too!

Delaware, OH

it is a vitacella such as minuet? check you receipt. is the drainage good? you should have more plant and flowers on a 08 chalk hill vitacella?

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

I can't find my receipt and when we had to have the computer hard drive redone due to a virus the guy didn't save all my e-mails (which had my order confirmation information from them).

Drainage in this area of the yard is good, and I also removed and added new combo soil before I planted them. They weren't much when I planted them in the way of a root system. Which is most likely the reason for the stunted growth on them. Plus all three of these were weed whacked over a month ago, although this one wasn't hit very bad.

let me see if I can get another picture that is in focus now that it has stopped raining.

Janet

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

for some reason my camera just won't take a picture without it being blurry...LOL

Here is another one.

Janet

Thumbnail by meadowyck
Delaware, OH

janet, forgot about the weed whacking trauma. it is a minuet, little nell, fox trot or tango vitacella. if it is a foxtrot or tango i am jealous. i think it is a minuet. love that clem. after you enjoy the bloom for a few hours, you need to prune that plant down to half the height it is now and fertilize it. too small to be blooming, need to develop root strength.

this clem should be huge next year and will need something to grow on. it will grow on an arbor vitae, a trellis, on anything.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

CG: I did find a tag when planting some cover plants and it said little nell, which after looking at some places on the internet, I'm thinking it might be little nell......

oh it has other buds on it and you say cut it....OUCH! I know the logic behind the cut but I'm oh so thrilled to see something from them. Didn't think they would make it. As I said the root system (now after seeing what a good root system is) wasn't much force when they arrived.

Janet

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

I just took a loot at Tango and Foxtrot both are fantastic clems. I know for sure it isn't Tango, as that name is new to me, just as foxtrot is.

Janet

Delaware, OH

little nell gets huge, so plan some support. it is like a minuet with slightly lighter coloration. one of my faves. it was just starting to bloom when you were here, it was the giant one on the limbed to death wisteria...remember?

New Richmond, OH

CG, I just ordered a little nell and wisely from SSV. I was planning to plant them together...think that would be too much??

Nancy

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

CG I do remember as I went back through the pictures I took. I'm ashamed to tell ya I took over a hundred pictures that day....LOL

I can't wait to see the pictures that Angie took. I'll bring all of them next time I'm down.

Janet

Delaware, OH

punkysmawma, the little nell should be a lot more vigorous than wisely, even tho wisely is a good plant. i have a 1 year old one from ssv that is blooming nicely. and it is a pretty bloom. so if you do them together put the little nell to the rear, or behind the wisely and to the front and side put the wisely so you can keep track and not let the little nell overwhelm wisely. color wise they would be pretty together, and actually both are blooming here right now so that would be good.

sounds pretty. i am deep watering clems this week, the rain is not enough, guesss same for you too since you are so close. but nice weather this week, no?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.