Combo in question....need your opinion.....

(Zone 4a)

I am thinking of moving my rosemoor and blending it in with Madame Julia Correvon....would the reddish colours go well together?

This is rosemoor.....http://www.clematis.hull.ac.uk/new-clemdetail.cfm?dbkey=2955

This is Madame Julia Correvon.....http://www.clematis.hull.ac.uk/new-clemdetail.cfm?dbkey=574

Appleton, WI

I have only seen the blooms of Rosemoor in photos, so I can't be sure, but I think the effect will be lost unless you are close to the plants and can appreciate the subtly of the color differences and the different shapes. If you are planting them in an area where they will be viewed up close, like in your back yard, that would make an interesting combo because of the the different shapes.
You might want to wait until they are both blooming to see how you like the colors together.

This message was edited Jun 28, 2009 9:41 AM

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I have to agree with Julia..the colours aren't contrasting enough to make an impact.."Rosemoor" is considered a pruning group 2 while "Mme. Julia Correvon" is a 3...I don't know how you are treating "Rosemoor" ..as some treat her as a 3...Jeanne
Here is my "Rosemoor"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

and here is my "Mme. Julia Correvon"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Appleton, WI

Oops, sorry Jeanne. I edited my post a little while you were writing your post.

How much does Rosemoor bleach out in the sun? Does it hold the color well?

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Julia..I couldn't answer that hon..because in my hot zone..I plant most of my Pruning group 2's in morning sun and afternoon shade or dappled sun in the afternoon ..."Rosemoor" doesn't get any sun after 1 pm..Jeanne

(Zone 4a)

Yes I agree...I guess I should wait to see the blooms first! That would be reasonable.......

Delaware, OH

dawn, i wouldn't put two reds together that bloom at the same time, unless i had no choice or by accident, or if they bloom at different times it is ok like a two act show. but if they bloom together,contrast is better. you will probably treat both as a 3, but not sure what bloom time will be.
def plant together if staggered bloom time.....was unclear on that

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.