My Hanky Panky baby quilt

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

I indulged in a quilt kit at a local shop a couple of months ago, and finally decided to sit down and do it! The shop owner picked out different FQ's, as she was out of the ones shown on the package. The only baby quilts I've ever done was embroidered iron on transfers (Aunt Martha's), when I made crib quilts for my boys when they were born. Basically that was just doing the embroidery, adding sashing and hand tie-ing. They still have them, so I suppose I did something right!
This one is really colorful, way different than what I'm used to. I think of baby quilts as pastel, soft, quiet flavors, guess I'm old fashioned. Anyway, just thought I would share what I've been up to the last few days!
Now its' ready for finishing.. I have the batting and the backing and enough red for binding. Don't have an embroidery machine or a quilting machine... what kind of a design should I use to quilt with, or should I just stitch in the ditch or something?

Thumbnail by Kizmo
This thread has 30 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!