Does anyone know the nameof this one?

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

You found the name of the last one for me so I have two more I would like to try to name and you seem to be the place to go!!
Thank You in advance,
Robin

Thumbnail by arejay59
Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

Don't know, can tell you its Not:
Classic Bordeaux
Dynamite
Red At Night

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Maybe I will get lucky and someone will know.

The photo is too bleached out to be able to ID it. Try taking plant photos on a overcast day or try to shade it. Digital cameras picks up light when you think there isn't enough. The color will be more saturated and true and without shadows. I never take photos of plants in sunny weather. If the day isn't overcast, I wait until the sun is almost down in the west, or have someone stand to shade it.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Thank you all for trying. I think that is overcast it has rained for weeks here. It is very very close to the right color I can even see where it gets darker around the edges, that is what it looks like. I have one more I will post in a bit.

Falmouth, ME(Zone 5b)

I was wondering if it could be LADY FRIEND or SPARTAN...

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh Leightonhill you could be right...it looks more like
Lady Friend http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/79718/
Do you think? It has fewer red/orange tones than Spartan more Purple/wine colors like the Lady friend
It looks black just before it comes to full bloom.

Falmouth, ME(Zone 5b)

Looks like it could be... Do you remember where you got it?

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

It seems it was in Bowdoinham but I cant be sure...I have another picture someone else thought maybe the colors were a little bleached so I am going to try it again. I think it is very close to Lady Friend though

Falmouth, ME(Zone 5b)

If you ever get down this way... (of course my Iris have gone by), and you like daylilies.. .stop and see the garden... Just dmail me.

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

In the plant files, Lady Friend doesn't have yellow beards.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/35486/

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Neil you are right they are orange aren't they... maybe that is why Blomma said the photo was washed out.... maybe they are orange and look yellow... more pictures I guess... Leightonhill thank You for the offer....we will talk.

To ID an Iris, you also have to notice the color of the beards. Lady Friend has orange beards, not yellow.

Raleigh, NC

not Lady Friend. I have the true Lady Friend, and this is not it.

the pattern near the beard isn't right

the beard is more redorange, this is more yellow

this has more of a faded out edge. LF has a darker edge, not a lighter edge.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.