Scrapbooking QUOTES for Parenting/Family Pages

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

Since this is the phase of life I'm in I'll post them all in one place (easy reference for me!). If you have another topic for quotes, please start a thread so they don't get lost here. I'm reading Chicken Soup for the Mother of Preschoolers Soul and man it's got some great lines!

The art of mothering is to teach the art of living to children. -Elain Heffner

Like mother, like daughter. - English Proverb

Her children rise up and bless her. - Proverbs 31:28

My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it. -Mark Twain

My mother is a poem I'll never be able to write, though everything I write is a poem to my mother. -Sharon Doubiago

Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. -Elizabeth Stone

Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children. -Alex Haley

Who is getting more pleasure from this rocking, the baby or me? -Nancy Thayer

Our children give us the opportunity to become the parent we always wished we'd had. -Louise Hart

The most important thing she'd learn over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one. -Jill Churchill

As we get older it seems we lose faith in our ability to express ourselves as purely. Little children have a way of reminding us of our original purpose: joy. -Marie Osmond

Parents learn a lot from their children about coping with life. -Muriel Spark

The people who make a difference are not the ones with the credentials, but the ones with the concern. -Max Lucado

Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them. -James Baldwin

Becoming a mother doesn't mean abandoning the girl you once were but rather embracing her and introducing her to your children. -Rachel Ryan

Cherishing children is the mark of a civilized society. -Joan Ganz Cooney

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the tradewinds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Some are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same. -Pearl Buck

What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. -Mother Teresa

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him. -Psalm 127:3

Other things may change us, but we start and end with family. -Anthony Brandt

My children...have been a constant joy to me (except on the days they weren't). -Evelyn Fairbanks

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!