need Gerbera Daisy seed

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Looking through the forums, and watch dog, I find it hard to find gerbera seed.I have successfully grown them from seed, but my plants produce so few viable seed.I have not tried hand polination, and bees are scarce.Out of three heads, I find 8 viable seed. Bummer. Mike

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

I have some!!!!! Let me see if I can find a picture of them. They are pale yellow with a peach center. I'll be happy to send you some! :)

Susan

Here's a pic. The bloom is peach right before the center of the flower....

Thumbnail by Raggedyann

How wonderful, I don't have that color.
I am going on what some people call a vacation, and I'm dying to see what its like.I'll D-mail you when I get back.
Thank you ever so much. Mike

Good for you! Have a good time and enjoy yourself. Hope you are going somewhere cooler than Ga! ;)
Talk to you later!
Susan

Comer, GA(Zone 7b)

Mike I could run up to Lawrenceville and get those for you ....of course there would be a ummmmm handling fee......say maybe half the seeds?

Freddie, remind me to show you a gerbera seed. Mike

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Mike.. when ya get back. would be interested in how your start yours. I just harvested soem seed off a bloom. the seed nto as fat as the small gerbera Daisy seed you normally get cuz thes e are floist cut hybrids. The plants get huge and the stalks are usually abotu 2 foot tall adn has huge blooms.

Not sur e how viabe they gonan be but cna sen dya some of the seed if ya want to try them.

Ella, the thing aboout florest grown plants is they are usually not viable.I was amaised when I learned how to tell the "good" seed from the "Dead"
When a G. seed is viable the ovary is swolen , and the seed that is not viable is tiny(undeveloped).
There was a woman on e-Bay who sold G.D. seed, and I named her "the fluff bandit".She sold mashed up G.D. heads, petles and all.Not a viable seed in the bunch.I was guilty of planting all this mess from ignorance, but learned.
Mike

Raggedyann, You have D-mail. Mike

Gotcha!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.