Silk Lace vine

New Boston, NH

My new garden this spring I put in an Arbor ,so I needed something on it and bought Two Silk Lace Vines thought I would be wise to get a report on them anyone that has or has had one.

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Never heard of it - what does it look like?

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I never heard of them either.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Do you mean silver lace vine??

New Boston, NH

Yes Victor Silver lace Vine it is these senior moments make a dunce of me. It has small white flowers and is a fast grower,supposedly up to 20 feet first year.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Never grew it, but I understand it's pretty aggressive. Good luck with it.

New Boston, NH

Thanks Victor,that is what I suspected but I am a good man to have such a plant being a lifelong dogman I deal with alot of agression.In two weeks with next to no sun and not very good soil one of the two has grown 21/2 feet the other is right behind,should have my new arbor covered before July 4th!
Peter

W of Cleveland, OH(Zone 5a)

I just saw SilverLace Vine at a nursery today and was thinking about it too. I checked Plant Files and several people have it - they called it a vigorous and fast grower, but no one called it invasive. Soooo, I posted on the invasive plant forum, but I don't think it gets a lot of activity. I decided to come over here and ask (I know there is activity here). I spotted your thread. I'm thinking of buying it and putting in a very large buried container. I would be interested in your progress reports.

Dathen

New Boston, NH

Dathen,
I wouldn't be afraid of it especially the way you plan to handle it .I am keen on action plants want to enjoy them before I kick the bucket.
Peter

W of Cleveland, OH(Zone 5a)

LOL!! I hear you.

New Boston, NH

Well I can see with a bit more time this isn't for me I will use it this summer but come fall remove it and put clematis there.This stuff brings a new meaning to agressive.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

wimp -what happened too "being a lifelong dogman I deal with alot of agression" :)

i suggest clem josephine.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

I want to see what i looks like gamekeeper. Any pics?

New Boston, NH

Be glad to pot it up and send it along,just don't need any more chores keeping it corraled.

New Boston, NH

Wha,I am sure I can kill it but want someting I can enjoy.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.