Now I understand the 'Why' in those Y seams.....

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

one would think that someone new to quilting concepts would stick with squares until they get comfy, right? Nahh, I had to pick out a pattern that had that 'Wow' appeal to it, and try it out. After all, I made the rag quilt, came out ok, how 'bout I tackle a 3 star level, just for the fun of it? If it doesn't turn out with 3 star quality, I always have a big coaster for my drinks in the sewing room......
This is from EB's Victory Quilt series. I caught some of her shows years ago, but recently found her website and her Block party videos. We have military history in our family, so this sort of sounded appropriate. Didn't think there was that many ways to make a star.......
Only had a problem lining up one of the triangle blocks. I think it was because I eyeballed a 1/4" point instead of measuring and marking the corner. It's slightly off kilter, but after I figured out what I would have to take apart in order to redo it, I decided it wouldn't be visible on a galloping horse, so it stays as is...

Thumbnail by Kizmo
This thread has 32 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!