Who knows what's going on here?

(Zone 7a)

These leaves are discolored and I don't know what it is. We've had a very wet Spring and there were CA poppies all around the coneflowers. I have removed them and gotten more air circulation around them.

Anyone know what this is?

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

I hope it's not Aster Yellows, but it does have the yellowing and reddening of the leaves. I read an article about this yesterday. It said the first sign of Aster Yellows is yellowing of the leaves and later, reddening of leaves. I'd keep a close eye on this plant, especially when the blooms open. If the blooms are green or have multiple smaller blooms coming out of the main bloom, you'll know it needs to be removed and discarded.

Here's a link that has more information...
http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/agdex578

Please post more pics if the plant changes any. This could be good info for others with this problem.

This message was edited Jun 19, 2009 9:32 AM

(Zone 7a)

I'm watching carefully. I had to remove another whole plant last year to a different problem. I love these and would hate to give in and remove one more.

Page, ND

I had to remove SEVERAL, I'm talking a dozen or more last year. COneflowers are one of my faves, and I'm afraid I have more of this happening this year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.