Pink Poodle

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

Do any of you have an Echinacea "Pink Poodle" with more than one or two blooms?

This message was edited Jul 9, 2009 4:40 PM

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

I have PP new this year. Looks like a strong grower here so far. Several stems and buds. No blooms yet. I will post a pic when it flowers. Up here I would not expect a ton of blooms until year two or three. It started life here from a five inch pot.

I'm shocked that Tomato Soup is growing so well for me! I think it's going to outperform Pink Poodle here.

I'm moving one of my Pink Poodles this week to a different location. I think some of these plants are picky about where they want to grow. It's a good idea to buy more than one and plant them in different conditions. It has given me some interesting results.

I've found that Tiki Torch likes less sun than my other plants here. It also seems to like more water, shockingly! I thought the opposite would be true, but since I moved one to a wetter flower bed with more shade it's doing better than the one in full sun and drier conditions.

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Too early to tell on my Pink Poodle yet as it is new. It was slow in adjusting to my climate here, but made it through alright and seems to be growing well.
Jon

I'm not giving up on this one either. I hope it looks as good as the photos, but Terra Nova seems to have a very good Photoshop guy. LOL.

LOL. Well you have to try to take great pictures of these things if you want to sell em. My secret is to take about 3 plants of the same variety and "cut and move" all the blooms off of two of them. You then place them on the best looking plant and snap a photo. The photos come out great every time. LOL (You do know I'm justing kidding.....I hope).
Jon

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

I must be one of the few people who isn't interested in Pink Poodle. If I wanted zinnias, I'd sow some zinnia seeds. hehe

These don't look like Zinnias to me at all. Dahlias maybe, but these are Perennials. I don't like planting seeds every year for something that doesn't come back next year. These give you a similar look and should return many years. Here's my first bloom!

Thumbnail by echinaceamaniac
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Very nice! I agree with the annual/perennial thing. These are going to be nice plants I think if they are hardy through the winter here. I sure do hope they return.

Beautiful. It may look like a dahlia more when up upper petals open. Dahlias are OK, but I like Echies better. That's why I'm here on this forum. Annuals here their place when it comes to giving you some instant color when the perennials are in a quiet stage. They're just a bit more work.
Jon

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

That bloom is quite a bit different from the one on the Terra Nova site that made me think it looked somewhat zinnia-esque:

http://www.terranovanurseries.com/wholesale/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=480

Hmm. I'm warming up to Pink Poodle. I may try one eventually. :)

KaylyRed,

My bloom isn't completely open yet, but I think it'll still look nice. I think it'll really look nice next year though!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

A little bedraggled from torrential rain ,hail, and winds yesterday but still a nice big bloom. Just imagine how nice it will be next year with more sun. Here's hoping this one gets through the winter.

Thumbnail by ngam

Very pretty! I hope mine opens up to look like that. These blooms are so long-lasting. I like that they still look good even before they open up all the way. I hope they bush out some though.

Cool. Very nice Pink Poodle amongst the "puddles" (your rain from yesterday)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.