Sept. 18

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Good morning farmers. Another beautiful almost-fall day, forecast says about 80 if I remember right. Catherine, thanks for the tip and offer on the decals. I think the stores will have them again soon. I have been seeing birds that are apparently migrating. This weekend I saw 2 woodpeckers, a pair of ?, and a towhee. The hummingbirds seem to have gone but I will leave the feeders up for a while just in case. Today I hope to get a lot done on the strawberry patch. The plants are old and not too productive so they are all comming out. I will plant a cover crop there. The more productive strawberries in another patch will be eventually lifted and the runners and young plants replanted in a more fertile spot, then more cover crop will go there. My garden resembles a crazy quilt and will look more like one when the cover crop patches come up. So much to do. Have a good day and count your blessings.

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!