Iris 'Change of Pace' Available for Postage or Trade

Lakes of the Four Se, IN(Zone 5a)

* * * OFFER IS NOW CLOSED -- ALL RHIZOMES HAVE FOUND NEW HOMES * * *

I thank all of you for responding!!

I divided this clump of Change of Pace last Sunday and have several rhizomes to spare.

While not the world's most sought-after iris, it is a beautiful large flower -- and it's fragrant! It also increases nicely.

Dmail me if you're interested. The rhizomes are all bleached and ready to go after another day or so drying time.

This message was edited Jun 18, 2009 8:48 PM

Thumbnail by figaro52

Here's a photo of the rhizomes "hanging out to dry" after the bleach bath.

Thumbnail by figaro52
McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

It's interesting to see how the rhizomes look after they are divided, etc.
From a single rhizome like this you could expect maybe one flower in the spring, and more in another year? It's generous of you to offer them for postage. Lovely iris.

These all look like blooming size. Of course we always cross our fingers in hopes they bloom the following year. They'll begin to increase once they're planted. I discarded all the "mothers" from this clump as I normally do when I divide them. Frankly, I'm surprised that there are so many. I moved part of this clump 2 years ago but didn't divide it. I was a little more ignorant then and was afraid I'd sacrifice bloom the next year if I disturbed them in any way! (LOL!). Like so many people here, I love to share with fellow DGers when I have extras.

Gainesville, TX

If you replant the mothers will they again make increases?

I'm certainly no expert, but I've noticed in my garden that they normally will produce increases up to a certain point. I've also noticed that the "mothers" have a tendency to rot once they've produced their share of "daughter" rhizomes. Last year I received 3 "mothers" of a historic NOID in a trade. I planted them together, and the "daughters" have now formed a beautiful clump of fans and will likely bloom next year. These plants have a very fascinating growth cycle.

Milwaukee, WI(Zone 5a)

Darn i missed out thats a pretty one !!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.