Aphids Everywhere! Gross!

Long Beach, NY(Zone 7a)

Hi all,
I'm new to Dave's Garden and I just love it!
I am located on Long Island and live on a canal. Its been really rainy here and the temps are not getting above 65. Pretty wet around here and its not getting better.
I have aphids everywhere! They started on my roses and now I just noticed them on my clematis! So far I've tried hose blasts and a detergent, hot sauce & water mixture. Haven't touched the clematis yet though as I don't know what is safe for it. I'm going to buy some ladybugs tomorrow and I'm hoping that will help.
My question(s): Is there anything I can do to stop them from coming back after being blasted and/or sprayed? Is it safe to use the detergent mixture on clematis?
PS...I also have white spots on the leaves of my roses now!

Thumbnail by june2412
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

The problem with aphids is that they reproduce at the speed of light, so if you miss even one they'll be right back if you just treat them once. The trick is to be vigilant and keep after them, whatever you're using to get rid of them you will have to repeat the treatment--check every couple days and if you see any then hit them again.

Long Beach, NY(Zone 7a)

Thanks ecrane3...I will definitely be dilligent in attacking them! They have infested my roses this year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.