Digital converter box

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Anyone not have cable and had to get a converter box???
I don't know if it's the box, signal or the whole digital thing, but it's horrible. It keeps breaking up the picture, some stations work, some don't. One hour the station will be there and the next it won't.
Anyone else experiencing problems? What can I do about it?

Thumbnail by flowAjen
North Augusta, ON

I solved the problem by getting satellite...

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

lol........You're NOT helping.

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

You need a better antenna is all. I think they install outside of a window, or easily like that.

I am going to look into a better one for my set not connected to cable.

You need to find one that has LONG DISTANCE range and a signal power booster, or something like that.

Not all antenna are created equal, though, they will all try to act like they are. The old ones "work" but the right one will work properly.

The break up is caused by an already weak signal being interfered with somehow.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Glad I have cable!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

We do have real good one even picked up NY stations down here in Philly territory.
It worked better before they went "live" on June 12th.

Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

I don't have one of those but I find my regular digital cable has always done that. You probably just aren't used to it yet. My dd is always complaining that the cable is driving her crazy! Just picture a 4 yr old almost 5 saying that to you every day. Lol Certain channels are worse than others. They freeze here and there, the screen goes blank, acts almost like it is skipping the way a scratched DVD does. Can you believe this was forced upon people!?

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Meredith that's what irks me more than anything, why couldn't they just leave everything well enough alone?

I know! When I moved the cable company talked me into digital because they said it was all going digital soon any way. Well that was years ago now. The only reason I had gone along with it was because they were offering a great package with the extra channels like HBO and others. I remember thinking how the old cable seemed better to me. I've had satelite too and that is so inconvenient for me, because we have 5 tvs hooked up and you'd need a box for them all. That wouldn't work so well for my under cabinet tv in my kitchen. Plus I got the same interference with the satelite, especially in bad weather. I can't wait until FIOS becomes available here, I want to try that.

South Hamilton, MA

Call the company which installed it & get their advice. Some stations are also giving instructions on 'rescanning'.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

You install it yourself. We can always try to recan.

Def getting FIOS when they are ready, they laid the lines already so it should be soon.

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

FiOS is almost here, too .... cannot wait! I am definitely through with my cable provider monopoly.

Watch it not live upto the hype.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

The only problem here was billing problems. For some reason people were getting billed for the wrong package they ordered, etc(s o says my fil who works for Verizon) but by the time they are ready with the service I think the billing problems will be solved. My bro has FIOS and loves it.

They have the Fios internet available here but not tv! They are offering a phone cable and tv package but it is with Dish Network I think. No thanks lol. Get the tv available then sign me up. : )

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.