Disappointed as not Iris Fulva

Lebanon, OR

Well from the subject you guessed correctly, I bought this several years ago as I. Fulva and it just bloomed and it is NOT Fulva but a Louisanna

If anyone has a Fulva or Berlin Tiger I have quite a few iris to trade.

D

Thumbnail by irisloverdee
Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Dee, the fulva is the small coppery/brown native Louisiana iris isn't it? If so, then I think I have a few of them growing in my rose bed. If I can get a positive id on the ones in that bed, I'll be happy to send you a couple. If memory serves, there are 5 or 6 of them in with some smaller dutch irises. I must admit, mine are what we call "ditch irises" as they grow wild along some stretches of Hwy 190 between Baton Rouge and Lafayette.

I have a friend who is an assoc prof of horticulture at LSU and I will ask Dan to have a look and see if I can get a deffinative id for you.

Jean

Lebanon, OR

keep in touch if the Fulva as I want that one. The one I have is a pretty LA but no idea the name

D

So, it is the coppery/brown iris? I know i have that one, I just want to make sure to send you the correct plant.

Lebanon, OR

Fulva is coppery for sure.

D

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

Whew!!! I was afraid that was one I traded out. Glad it isn't because I would hate to send someone an iris that was incorrectly mis-labeled. As far as I know, the Iris fulvas I sent are correct!!
Debc

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

I will send you some when I send u pond angel

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

I thought that was the name of ditch lilies.

The ditch lillies here are spider lillies (hymenocallus, I think) and I got my fulvas from the same roadside drainage ditch...hence ditch irises. So many plants cultivated elsewhere grow wild here. We have irises, lillies, passifloras, crinums, azaleas, dogwoods,mock orange, roses and orchids to name a few.

Winnsboro, TX

Ok so what can I do to get a start of your NOID La. Iris Dee? I'm trying to plant a few La's around my pond out front.
Happy Gardening, Marian

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.