Need help on IDing cultivar

Toronto, ON(Zone 5b)

Hello,

just wondering if anybody's familiar with this cultivar of clematis...I would love to know the name.

Thanks

Eliz

Thumbnail by evr
Toronto, ON(Zone 5b)

We've had them for two years, prolific bloomer and always blooms early compared to most clematises

Thumbnail by evr
Toronto, ON(Zone 5b)

Another pic

Thumbnail by evr
(Zone 4a)

Hey cool! Someone from Ontario!!! I am from Sudbury. My dh is actually headed to Toronto for some training tomorrow.

Sorry I am not sure of the name of your clematis but I know someone here will....I love the colouring on it......

New Richmond, OH

Looks like my MultiBlue, a prolific early bloomer for me. Nancy

Delaware, OH

looks like multi blue to me too. it is the easiest and most reliable double in my garden. even the single blooms on new vines look double due to the large center boss (stamen and anthers). posted about multiblue today on hardwick hall summer blooms

Very pretty flowers Eliz; I have one too. Never thought to show you anything outside when you were over to pick up your cuttings. But mine hasn't popped a bloom open yet...soon though.

Christine

Toronto, ON(Zone 5b)

Thank you so much! I looked around home depot and on the internet for multi blue and it does look it. This one really blooms early early spring. I would love for mine to bloom a bit later so that it'll bloom in sync with the other clematis lol. Now it has lost all its petals and all that was remaining are the stamen and anthers, which also still looks good

Thank you so much again

Eliz

PS - Christine never knew you also visit the clematis forum. and Dawn that is what I thought too lol. I thought there would be more canadians though because they're just so hardy up here

Ah yes Eliz, when one loves hoyas, one naturally gravitates to other vining, flowering plants don'tcha know... I have 10 clematises now, and haven't quite run out of places to put them.

Christine

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.