No fade

Appleton, WI

I'm trying to collect a list of pink and red clematis that don't fade in full sun.
Warsaw Nike holds it color in a southwest exposure-- love it.

Which others don't fade in full sun?

Delaware, OH

most reds do not fade. can't think of any that do, really.

pinks mostly fade as you know altho the inspiration does not seem to be fading as much and barbara harrington is deep enough pink it does not seem to fade, etoile rose does not fade. confetti does not fade much. of top of head. will add post as i am in garden later today and if anything occurs.

(Zone 4a)

Hmmm is someone looking for more clematis to get?

Delaware, OH

not me. got to take care of what i have. bit off a lot with new plants this year.

Appleton, WI

Lol, Dawn.

Yes, at some point. I saw a photo of something I'm going to try to copy for the 24' section of fence that is the backdrop for my vegetable garden. I'm trying to figure out what I need to buy next spring.

Thanks for the list, Cg

Do you have Pink Fantasy? Does it fade in full sun?

Delaware, OH

have pink fantasy, but small plants, so not really experienced with it. i think any pink needs a touch of partial shade, but of course enough sun to thrive.

i do think there is one red that fades, and you guessed it...ernest markham does bleach out more than other darks and reds.
speaking of reds i put in rutel this year and also rebecca and hoshi no flamenco. can't wait to see rebecca and hoshi.

Appleton, WI

Rebecca is stunning, and the seedheads are very nice, too.

I'll be interested in hearing your color description of Hoshi. CotW describes it as bright red.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.