Underwater flowers part two

South, TX

Here is the new Underwater thread.

Thumbnail by Sallysblooms
london England, United Kingdom

Hi Sally, Your arrangement with the Orchids is gorgeous! Are they yours or Hubby's?
Thanks for the new underwater thread.

South, TX

Hubbies, ha. I asked first. I made it this winter I think.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread and what a way to start! That if mighty fine!

Underwater Sweet peas and Amaranthus...

Thumbnail by terriculture
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Intriguing arrangement, looks like a jar of candies all unwrapped and up for grabs!

South, TX

That is beautiful!

Thanks for the imaginative description Candee!

Glad you like it Sally, Thanks! I don't like the dark colours very much and think it's horrible... LoL!
but, still , it's worth sharing good and not so good arrangements I think!

This message was edited Aug 6, 2009 9:35 PM

I prefer this one with flowering mint and a few bright colours!

Thumbnail by terriculture
South, TX

How neat that looks!

Thanks Sally!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I don't know terri, it looks "fishy" to me lol!

ahhhhh you caught me out! The mint isn't underwater! I can't get away with anything around here LOL!

South, TX

You can slide this time, ha!!!! I didn't notice! :)

Phew!! ....... Thanks for letting me off the hook Sally!

South, TX

No problem. At least YOU are making things to see! Have been ill so just sitting around mostly.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Sorry you are feeling so bad Sally? Hope you begin feeling better soon.

South, TX

Thank you.

Christchurch, New Zealand

Sally so sorry to hear you have been ill.
I hope you make a full recovery soon.
Dalfyre

Oh Sally, hope you feel better soon sweetie! You suffer with that heat over there don't you?
I'll try and make a few things for your/ our amusement... lol!

South, TX

Thank you. It is hot, but I stay cool.

Humansville, MO

hi all
have not made any thing this summer
to buises with the animal and work
love all your arrmeant?
spell right ?
elle

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Glad you are enjoying our arrangements elle, don't fret about not making any yourself, you are quite busy with you hands full on the farm and animals and a job to boot. We will keep the arrangments flowing for you!

Is that so Candee?. lol, looking forward to seeing yours !!!

Humansville, MO

hi all
ty all
starting sat i get 6 day off
they will be spent all around the house
elle

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Yep that's so terri, don't you love the way I just volunteer ya!
Wow, 6 days off work to refresh elle, how nice for you. Make sure you chillax for some of it, don't spend every day working your butt off.

Humansville, MO

hi all
i will try and enjoy the days off
this week been sunny and cool
hope every one is well
elle

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Been quite hot and humid here elle, but can't complain as this is the first of really hot summer weather that we have had. We are going down to the eastern shore this weekend to visit Tasha, Mike and Abygail and will likely spend Saturday at the beach, I'll stick a toe in the ocean for you!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Not much but i is an underwater caladium and I thought the color matched well with the dahlia.

Thumbnail by haighr
South, TX

Isn't that caladium a Gingerland? That is my favorite! I LOVE what you did with it!

Thumbnail by Sallysblooms
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Sure appears to be the same thing. I was just sitting there with the vase with the dahlias on my pottin table cause they broke off in the storm and then glanced over and saw the caladium and noticed the colors and then voila it seemed perfect. Thanks.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

How about underwater leaves - I tell you these caladium leaves have been in this jug for 3 weeks now, all I do is change the water every few days and the zinnias last at least 10-12 days and then I replace them. This is a record for life expectancy of an arrangement at our home.

Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

No flowers in the water in this one, just my black elephant ear and some zinnias and yes more of the foliage from bearded iris. I really don't like bearded iris, but love the fan leaves.

Thumbnail by haighr

Hi Sally! Hope you are keeping well. Have you moved house yet?

Love your underwater leaf Candee, Superb!!

Hope you are keeping warm and doing fine elle?

Take care all, miss chatting with you!
Terri

South, TX

Hello. We are in our new home. I am in bed most of the time and hubby works long hours so there is SO much to do. I hope to get well and do it all and garden again!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Don't worry about what there is to do there are always things to do, just get better and when you are you can take it one thing at a time.

South, TX

Thanks. I miss having fun with plants.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Right now all of us I think on the east coast are missing it right along with you as we are all in the rain, frost and winter to come season. I know it isn't the same cause we aren't the ones laid up, but if it helps any we aren't doing much with plants this day either. So perhaps by the time we are again you will be completely recuped and we can all play together!!!
Keep the joy and get well soon. Stop by the cafe if you get a chance and ask Fritz to fix you up a nice hot toddy and exotic meal!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.