Red trumpet vine in bloom

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Don't know why they call it red,when you can definitely see the red plumeria is red and the trumpet vine flowers look more orange than red!

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I keep enjoying your pictures .. you really need to start a Trade List! What else do you have?

X

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

I have a lot of everything,I just don't do much in trading anymore,unless I see something I can't live without!!LOL
I've run myself out of greenhouse space!!!!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Yep .. I know about that .. I'm in the process of moving everything out of the greenhouse so I can give it a good cleaning and weeding. I'm always amazed at the forgotten plants I find in there .. Just a few days ago I found a 4 foot kalanchoe, mother of thousands. I remember getting a cutting of that a few years ago! It seemed to have thrived being neglected. For the last 2 years I've been concentrating on getting stuff that is hardy here so it doesn't have to be wintered over .. by doing that it's freed up enough space so I can get some really exotic stuff (it's heated) that can't survive zone 8 winters.

Here is a picture of it I took March 3rd

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Here is the other end of it. When my sister retires and she comes to live with me .. I will definitely have a much bigger one.

X

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Yep I know all too well about full greenhouse,where you just make a small path to get through it!!!

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Here's the other side of mine just as crowded.

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Lol .. What is the hibiscus you have with the red leaves?

X

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

I believe it's called red shield.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

That's the one in the second picture on the left .. acetosella .. I have that, I was wondering about that tropical one in the first picture on the right.

X

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

This one ..

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Same plant!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Can't be .. acetosella reproductive parts, at least in mine are never as prominent or with as many stamens.. that kind of structure looks more tropical to me.

Here is my acetosella red shield

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Mine doesn't have the maple like leaf,but has the variegated leaf,white pink and green in the leaves,I'll look tomorrow to see if a tag is still in the pot!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Ok here is what I found on the tag.

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Better pic of the leaves

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Whew! I didn't think it was an acetosella. It's really pretty. Just looked it up in plant files .. it's a tropical.

X

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Yes and a very heavy bloomer too!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.