7/18 Plant Delights Visit and RU-Raleigh

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

I know y'all are flush with new babies from Deanna's, but this will be fun. Come on over!!

We will be visiting Plant Delights in the morning and having a visit/lunch/plant swap afterward at lovely Lake Benson.

Link to info/SignUp thread.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1002929/

More info to come, so check in often!

Bev

Columbia, SC(Zone 7b)

AACCCK, I wish that I could go! I will be out of town on vacation!! Well, think of me fondly while you are at PD. I am planning a trip up there in the fall, I think - never been, LOVE his catalog! (plus I love the salvias and the agastaches and the lilies, and the strange and wonderful that he specializes in.....)

Will miss you all!
Lorie

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

I hate that I won't get to meet you, Lorie. Heard y'all had a heck of a time at Deanna's:) Lemme know when you can come up since I don't live far from the nursery...I would love to meet you out there.
Bev

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

Lorie - you know if you want anything I will pick it up for you and care for until your return from abroad,...it would most def. be my pleasure as you were so generous this last weekend....it would be nice to return the favor if you would like anything!!!

Columbia, SC(Zone 7b)

Thanks, Deanna, I just might take you up on that! *drool* Counting pennies, hmm, there's one! have to look at their catalog-

And if I get up to PD in the fall, Bev, I will definitely come and see you!
We all need to go to the Native Plants place, but this weekend will be too hot. Suggestions?

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Hot is only a state of mind, Lorie! LOL! I'll bring the hand towels:)

Raleigh, NC

Tgg-- I'm in, hopefully. Don't plan to be anywhere at that time, but never sure. Hopefully, I'll make it!

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Hope to see ya there, yote:) It'll be fun to see everyone!

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Link to the Tradeslist thread:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1004244/

Trade Discussion thread:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1004245/

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Lorie,
I want to go with you if you go in the fall.

Leslie

Columbia, SC(Zone 7b)

Yeppers, will do!

Columbia, SC(Zone 7b)

Plant Delights is having a sale!
From the newsletter:
we've just finished our summer inventory and in order to clear out room for the new catalog items, we're offering an on-line only 20% off sale on items that are currently overstocked from the spring catalog. These prices are only good while the supply of each item lasts. These are not seconds, but are the same plants that we normally sell and ship. The prices below will be in effect ONLY for orders placed on our website by midnight July 1 and ordered for pick up or scheduled for shipment before July 3, 2009 ... don't delay. The more overstocked items we can move, the more room we will have for new plants at the summer open house. Don't miss this chance for some incredible deals on some super cool plants!

http://www.plantdelights.com/Catalog/Current/sale.php

Some very cool plants (no agastaches or salvias :( , but some cool toadlilies and bodacious hostas)

Wish my wallet was fatter.

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

I've never grown hosta and don't know one from another, but I noticed someone on the Lily Auction has them for as low as $1 each. Thought you might be interested. http://daylily.com/cgi-bin/auction.cgi

I wanted to share my newest daylily seedling. It bloomed for the first time yesterday. I haven't even seen it in person yet. LOL My seedlings are 45 mins away at my friend's nursery and he just sent the pic. One of the things I hybridize for is double daylilies with "teeth" or spikes. This one is looking good. I think I'll name him "Spike".

Thumbnail by LaLambchop
Columbia, SC(Zone 7b)

Spike like that Big Dog on the Bugs bunny cartoons with the litlle yappy dog chasing him?

Luckily I have not started with the hostas, yet. have one, that is enough for now.

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

Oh Leslie I think that is Flamingo Dancer! what a beautiful swirl dress she wears all ruffled to her knickers that one is....absolutely beautiful...you have the hybridizer gene woman!

If we plan a trip in the fall and the new 'old' RV the BF just picked up this weekend gets into peak shape we could spend the night LOL you coulda blown me over when he pulled up in it Saturday morning...he saw Kara and I put up the tent at our house for the roundup two weeks ago and was like ya'll really gonna sleep in the tent...well yes...firepit was blazing, music was playing, girls were making s'mores...I'm sorry folks but in my book it just doesn't get anybetter than that! and now he truly understands that us women will camp anywhere, anytime...give us a tent and we are happy so he passed an RV for sale in Greenwood and thought it offered us girls more protection from the elements...just when I thought he didn't get it about how we loved to travel to roundups and couldn't care less if we had to pitch a tent to afford our plants (gotta save money on hotels and food for plants ya know!!) It was as nice a surprise as the little greenhouse he got me for xmas three years ago...men...go figure them huh! we'll see if he can get her cleaned up in time...

ok bev sorry I know this conversation s/be about PDN...please beat me when you see me in woohoo less than a month...(sorry been a long day...needed a release ladies)

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Shoot, Deanna...Y'all chat away, I'm enjoying it, lol!! Besides, we can plan for partying in the fall...Especially now that you've scored an RV! Yep...sounds like a date to me;))

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Cross your fingers that I may get to come up. I missed the last one and am still pinning.
Where is Bonnie?

Lavina

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

You know where we'll be, Lavina..Hope you can make it.

Columbia, SC(Zone 7b)

I wanna see pictures of that RV, Deanna!
Say, Scott is a keeper, I swear!

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

No kidding! A greenhouse and an RV to go to RU's? A keeper for sure.

Raleigh, NC

Hey, Rednyr...I was supposed to get a camping trip for my B-day in April. Last minute, he had something to do, so said we'd go the first weekend in May. I'm still waiting....

My fault, I married an urban boy. After almost 20 years together (10 married) I got him out on our first camping trip Easter a year ago....and it ended up being 15 degrees. I even went so far as to make sure we went to an actual campground, with real toilets and showers, hoping to make the experience good so he'd want to go again...My big mistake was not packing for him. He only took shorts and T-shirts. Enough said. Now why would a grown man do that when the forecast says "COLD?"

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Yote my hubby is a lot older than yours and they never change.LOL

Lavina

who hopes to see you all in July. cross your fingers and toes.

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Might have trouble bringing stuff to the ru with all them fingers and toes crossed, lol! But for you...crossing away:)

Raleigh, NC

Too true, Lavina, too true. Just have to dwell on the good things, huh?!!

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Yelp, the good outways the bad. You probably remember him from the 1st get together but now he's retired and doesn't get out of the house and can hardly walk at all. Doesn't understand in activity will do a person in.

Lavina

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

So, Lavina...Are ya joining us??

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

I don't know yet. I am still hoping.

Lavina

Selma, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm baacck! and ready to go to a RU=) Can't wait to see everybody!

Shari

Thumbnail by chamthy
Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh, Shari! Was that a visitor to your yard? So cute! Looking forward to seeing you:))

Selma, NC(Zone 7b)

Hi Bev! More than likely a resident,lol. Critters are abundant this year:-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.