Tour of ClematisGuru's Garden

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Yesterday we (me and my garden club) were warmly welcomed by Deborah, her husband and the cuties little four legged companion.

Her garden is beyond beautiful. Her talents on design are incredible.

Deborah, I know my garden club companions will be talking about your garden for YEARS to come. We just can't thank you enough for allowing us to come.

Here are just a few shots. Have been down with sinuses today. Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel better and can post some more shots.

Janet

Thumbnail by meadowyck
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

one of her many beautiful walk ways through her garden.

Janet

Thumbnail by meadowyck
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

I especially love how you used box woods and other shrubs and trees within your landscape. I don't think a lot of folks when designing their gardens stop and really think about them.

Janet

This message was edited Jun 15, 2009 12:16 AM

Thumbnail by meadowyck
Delaware, OH

janet, you are too kind. i really enjoyed visiting with you guys and so many good questions, loved that, as most of my friends are not really into the detail of garden, landscape or esp clems.....i will enjoy seeing your photos. already see how much better the garden looks when i pick up the hoses, which i never do in my photos!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Janet..
You lucky duck you...I know we all wished we could tour Deborah's Gorgeous Gardens..thanks for sharing with all of us...Jeanne

New Richmond, OH

To have Hardwick Hall so close is working on me as well!! I have told my neighbors about it and we might just form a "to guru's house we go" road trip as well!

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Wanna see more!!!love her gardens...love to join you guys!!!

Delaware, OH

punkies mawma, how far are you? blooms are good right now. i am not here next week ,but i am here this week, this weekend and next weekend straight thru to july 10..but not here 22 june thru 26th june. my hubbie does not give a great tour.

thanks for all the comments everyone, janet's group was great fun, as they had so many good questions, it took over 2 hours to walk and talk, the questions ket me on my toes for sure.

have a local group coming tues night but i don't know how deep their interest in clems is.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

When I get home tonight I'll post a few more for ya.

But seriously if you are even remotely close I would for sure contact Deborah about a tour. This is one beautify Oasis.

The weather for our tour was just perfect. Could not have wished for better weather than what we had.

Deborah is so knowledgeable and so gifted at speaking to our group. We were small but I now think that was just about the perfect size.

Most of the those that came have never seen a private garden as wonderful.

Deborah you are the hostess of choice.

Janet

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Deborah:

Several of our group doesn't currently grow but one or two clems and now they are looking into the places you suggested as their interest has most certainly be increased after seeing the wonderful setting your have created for the Clems.

Janet

Delaware, OH

silver star vinery. top zone choice rouge cardinal, margaret hunt, julia correvon, hagley hybrid (shade), paul farges (the sprawly white one that blooms early and long)....on and on...but they are on my right this minute fav list
here is a rouge cardinal from the weekend

Thumbnail by ClematisGuru
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

meadowyck: Thanks for the garden tour! You and your garden club are very fortunate to have the honor and privledge of visiting one of the most beautiful Clematis gardens in Ohio!

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

this path down to her creek is so beautiful.

I know I keep using beautiful over and over but everything really was such a wonderful treat to get to see.

Janet

Thumbnail by meadowyck
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

wonderful rock wall filled with sedums.

Janet

This message was edited Jun 15, 2009 5:45 PM

Thumbnail by meadowyck
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Just incredible the clems are growing over and along anything that is close by.

Janet

Thumbnail by meadowyck
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

This lawn was just calling to me to go over and have a sit, but we were short on time.

Janet

Thumbnail by meadowyck
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

I love container gardening and she has this done well also.

Janet

Thumbnail by meadowyck
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

One more for now.

Janet

Thumbnail by meadowyck
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

ok one more than I've got to go mow....

Janet

Thumbnail by meadowyck
(Zone 4a)

Thanks for sharing your tour with us.......love ALL the shots!

Louisville, KY(Zone 6a)

Oh my.....Heaven...just Heaven. Thank you for these most beautiful garden pictures. So glorious and lush. My clematis have never looked so healthy as these. I will return to these pictures time and time again. Really enjoyed the pictures. Lesley

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

What a feast for the eyes.So much structure and free flowing blooms. I wish I lived closer!

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

LesMc: You are close enough to Deborah, it is well worth the drive. Believe me should we move back to Danville I will most certainly make the drive to come see Deborah and her garden.

Bananna: Yes Texas is somewhat far but it might be a good excuse to travel....

(I sure hope Deborah does shoot me for talking her garden up so.....LOL)

Janet

Delaware, OH

janet, thanks for posting...you took good shots. that one with the man in it is my hubbie in the middle of his rock domain. he is 79 and has the vigor of a polish spirit and sometimes the crankiness of a belle of woking......but a reliable english cultivar worth keeping. he enjoyed meeting all you ladies for sure.
all the comments appreciated.
after the local club tour tonight i have some surgery to do on a few that do not look that healthy....saving all the blooms for the tour in the meantime.

anyone interested in clems is welcome here to look and talk about them. my garden is an open book of 18 years of mistakes and a good learning curve with clems over the last 8 . all the questions were so good , i enjoyed it immensely.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

After I posted that pic I realized he was in it and I hadn't intended to invade yall privacy with posting pictures of the three of ya. So sorry about that, but darn after you post a picture you can't delete it out....

One of our members really enjoyed talking with your hubby while she was taking a break.

Janet

Delaware, OH

no problem janet, he is the hardscape superstar around here. a month or so ago i sent a friend a shot of some clems and she e mailed me "who is the little white guy in the pic" i went crazy looking for a pic with him in it, then she told me she meant the little white clem peeking into the side of a photo.....
he is the retired general around here who is famously quoted as saying about the clem collection "they all look alike to me" ggrrrrrrrrrrrr

Appleton, WI

LOL @ "In the middle of his rock domain".

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

"who is the little white guy in the pic" HaHaHa!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.