Old boots and old blinds get new life

Alfred Station, NY(Zone 5b)

I had a pair of "Northerner" brand waterproof boots that I used for barn chores. They are almost knee high. Not fancy, and they only cost about $19 at Tractor Supply to start with. After over a year of use, one boot finally developed a crack at the back, about 2 inches above the heel, right at a stress point. So, I got out a pair of scissors, and cut both boots down to make clogs. My old garden clogs had worn out and I'd been putting off spending the money for new ones. Now I have a "new" pair and didn't have to buy them. Not bad for the original $19 spent.

I also have a pair of mini-blinds that had seen better days and needed to be replaced. I can make plant tags out of the slats, and probably save quite a bit of the cord. And the rod that you twist to change the angle of the slats can be put to use as a small stake for supporting plants.

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!