2009-2010 Exclusives!

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

A reputable nursery are selling the new varieties at $24.99 in 4"x5" pots. Or, $19.99 for a 3" pot. These are the "Coral Reef", "Hot Lava", "Flame Thrower", "Firebird", and "Tangerine Dreams". Shipping available this June and July.

They also have the older or not-so-old other varieties from $6.99 to $19.99 in the same size pots. I am so tempted to order at least one each of the new exclusives but wondering if it's worth to spend that much.

http://www.circlehgrowers.com/exclusives.htm

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

That's too expensive. I'm getting mine in the co-op forum here from now on. You can get the new ones for $4.50 in the co-ops. Check out the co-op forum. I ordered the new one called "Hot Lava" there.

I can't believe they want over twenty dollars for one Echinacea plant. I bet they paid less than a dollar for them.

This message was edited Jun 14, 2009 12:17 AM

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Well, I'm too late for the Hot Lava but I may consider ordering some Milkshake in the coop.

Yeah, $25 seems to be a lot of money for one echinacea plant. But these are 4"x5" pots NOT plugs and I'm sure it cost them more as they are new varieties. I have ordered from this nursery before and their 4"x5" pot plants are huge. I've seen local nurseries here in NJ selling some older varieties for $20.

Meringue plug size plants are available at the coop for $4.50 when are local Lowe's are already selling gallon size flowering matured plants for $10.99. So figure that out.

Well, I'm going to wait for a little while, meantime I'll go nursery hopping here in Jersey. True to its name this is the "Garden State" and surely there are a lot of huge nurseries throughout the state. Some may take over an hour to drive but I may find some good buys or at least inquire about the new varieties. I'll also keep checking Lowe's as they always have a surprise for you now and then.

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Holy cow, Coral Reef! I have to get my sun garden ready very soon. I hate to pay a ton for a new coneflower, but...that one wants to be in my garden.

(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

theres a few milkshake left and meringue needed to fill the flats ;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.