Garden Photos of '09...#27

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Love those long shots Candyce! And yes #4!!! lol I'll send you some yellow lupines seeds to throw in it if they go seed for me. Sherrie...your the first one on the list for those yellow lupine seeds. I saw you post you wanted some. ^_^
Stay safe Candyce, Louise, and anyone else in that storms path.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Oh, thank you, Celeste. We'd love some yellow, although we do have one or two. A couple of the lupine are almost coral in color, and we want to see if we can get the seeds from those, too. We'll just have to keep an eye on them when they go to seed and try to keep the colors separate.

So far, no mean weather to report. Clouds ARE thickening, though, and getting a bit darker.

The weather went BEEP BEEP BEEP and then the rain started and a bit of wind. It had you and Louise in the path. My dogs hate it when the TV does that and if the thunder starts we are in a panic mode. Dogs get a doggie valium. They work wonders - the house dont shake.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

now i have to go look at the weather - getting pretty dark outside

shelly you like the eskimo sunset - go figure?

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Victor, does Tokajer only open in the sun?

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

So .... the weather was all bark and no bite. Just a nice gentle rain. I hope Louise fared the same.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Wow - can't believe how far behind I am after one day! Have to catch up.

Carrie - no, it stays open.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Good news Candyce. Calla lily

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Ballerinas dancing on the way to a bird path.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

My rose on the arbor. It's a NOID. Got a clematis for the other side.

Thumbnail by jumper2
Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Goats Beard along the side of the house.

Thumbnail by jumper2
S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I like that Goats Beard. I finally have a couple blooms to post
Cherry Parfait - from my son for Mother's Day.

Thumbnail by debi_k

Full

Thumbnail by debi_k

Scent from Above climbing rose and Durandi

Thumbnail by debi_k

Rio Samba

Thumbnail by debi_k

dog day afternoon

Thumbnail by debi_k

time to turn over

Thumbnail by debi_k

This one didn't make it in before

Thumbnail by debi_k

I'm still working on this area

Thumbnail by debi_k

The kiwi in the background is getting a lot of pink in it.
I need to get a full shot of it without the sun so the colors show off

Thumbnail by debi_k

nestled under the kiwi on the fence

Thumbnail by debi_k

last for tonight

Thumbnail by debi_k
Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms Deb, but dog day afternoon is a hoot! Love it!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Deb everything looks wonderful, love the colors on cherry parfait and full....LOVE the dog pics!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

so many great shots... i love them all!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks for all the compliments on my photos, guys!

Boy, there is so much to catch up on! I've been too busy to keep up this weekend.

Patti, I love your Globemaster alliums. I also love the Here Be Dragons Sid iris. Gotta get me one!

Celeste, that Cloud Ballet TBI is wonderful. The Mount Grace lily is gorgeous, as is your cream and lavender NOID TBI. Your granddaughters are precious!

What is nut grass? I think I have it. What a pain! didn't have it till a couple years ago. Don't know where it came from, but it can be a real b--- to pull. I have it in a couple beds now, and I just keep pulling and pulling. Determined not to let it go to seed.

Meredith, I love your Penstemon grandiflorum and the Monarch cat. I allow some milkweeds to grow just for them!

Thom, your NOID red clem looks just like the one Victor posted above yours called Julia Correvon. I'm jealous of your martagon! I don't have any yet, but I will, I will! BTW, I like what you did with your planters. Gives me some ideas!

What a scrumptious color on that NOID rose, Victor! That combo of the Rosanne geranium and the chartreuse barberry is great! And what a teeny little mantis! Great shots of that.

Jumper, I'm still trying to catch up on all the weeds from all the rain, too! Of course, I'm always trying to catch up on the weeds. LOL!

Allison and Jumper, I have coreopsis seedlings all over.

Shelly, I had gotten 2 plants of coreopsis Limerock Ruby last year, and neither one returned. I loved it, though, as is just bloomed and bloomed profusely.

I don't like those blow-up things, either. Tacky, tacky, tacky!!!!! I don't like incessantly barking dogs, either. Very annoying!

Jen, that NOID Asiatic lily looks yummy! Love the color!

Noreaster, that's a great shot of the Gypsy Dancer heuchera. I love the combo with the Jap fern, the hosta and the birch.

Bill, I love the Strawberry Punch weigelia. Really nice! And I love the tulip tree that you planted in your neighbor's yard. I wish I had space for one! I have a larch that I need to move soon. Will get too big for where it is. I just don't know where I want to move it to.

Candyce, I think your geranium is 'Karmina'.

Debilu, your Cherry Parfait rose looks delicious!

Whew! Finally caught up! Took nearly 2 hours. Won't get as much sleep as I'd hoped for.

Karen

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

debilu, love that cherry parfait rose and your sweet little doggie.

dahlianut, calla already, I am behind. Mine are just poking up in containers. How do you grow yours?

Jumper, nice goats beard. Love that any nice almost no care plant. Mine are days away from starting.

Here is a mix of some shots from this morning. Some striped roses starting which I adore, and the peoniesare finally opening up with the little bit of sun we had today. Yellow allium moly started today. Filipendula vulgaris is an old plant in my garden that despite it's understatement in color and size is always asked about when it is in bloom. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Nice pix everyone.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

nice Patti!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Where's RC?
Hi Onewish

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

morning

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Roses, Lollipop & Dixie Lilies, Echinacea Pink Double Delight

Thumbnail by Tex68
Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Echinacea Mirengue

Thumbnail by Tex68
Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Echinacea Sunset.

OR Sundown? I think the Sunsets are blooming already but no colors yet on blooms.

This message was edited Jun 16, 2009 6:03 AM

Thumbnail by Tex68
Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Echinacea Pink Double Delight

Thumbnail by Tex68
Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Lollipops

Thumbnail by Tex68
Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Orange Dixie

Thumbnail by Tex68
Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Azaleas, when they were blooming a few weeks ago.

That's it for now. More to follow.

Thumbnail by Tex68
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

nice Tex... I like that Mirengue

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Nice garden Tex
I have Lollipops,they multiply like rabbits.
I keep digging them up and tossing them in "no mans land" but they wont die.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.