Garden Photos of '09...#27

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

some sedum getting ready to bloom

Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

this is a shot of the persimmon? between the shirazz/hydrangea and bloodgood

Thumbnail by wha
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

How much sun does your bloodgood get? I'm wondering if mine gets enough sun.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

poppy that did not want to play in the rain

sorry to here that celeste - i still need to trim my old mo too, never got to it last year

Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

and another not so shy

Thumbnail by wha
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

My poppies didn't like the rain either! lol

My dwarf MO I had for 3 years, this is the first year it gave me trouble. The Old Fahion MO has been there for a long time. I've been here 23 years and it was here when I got here.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

it get's a good deal of sun, most of the day - this is a new one this year as i lost the old one - they get redder with more sun - i even stopped at a hardware store driving this home because the ones they had were so red - had to make sure what they were.

here is my new little eskimo sunset - this is one funky colored tree - undersides are purple

Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

this is a strawberry punch weigela

Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

very nice blooms and they grow like weeds

Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

the rose bushes are starting by the wall

Thumbnail by wha
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Thats lovely! Wow on the bloom amount too!!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

neptuna and corecopis(SP)

Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

corallium jm

Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

oakleaf hydrangea setting close

Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

beni shishihenge still holding on to some pink on the lower branches

Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

clem's still going

Thumbnail by wha
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

wha, your spelling ain't great, but your garden is! Try Nepeta and coreopsis. Sun is coming out! Guys are here mowing the grass, finally so I came inside as they work faster if I am not interfering with them. Bit my tongue. Patti

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

the new dwarf alberta spruce "jean's dilly" - like all of these spruces

Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

you got that right patti - could not get close enough with even spell check to help - and thanks for pointing that out:)

cardinal candy vib.

Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

peony that lost it's blooms to the rain

Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

stella is coming with hosta blooms right behind

Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

endless summer almost here

Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

here is the noid whatever it is - do not think it blooms although it looks cool - have two of these that wandered into my yard

Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

tulip tree that i planted in my neighbors to expand my garden:)

Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

last one - whew - should be in the long view thread but needed to finish with something - looking up the side of the driveway

Thumbnail by wha
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

So how big will that dwarf Alberta get? Supposedly. I could use a dwarf or one half as big as the regular one.

Wha, I can't spell anything without spell check or my garden journal lists. I am hopeless but having spent my life as a non-speller, I just look everything up. I was always the first to sit down in the spelling bees, sometimes to the point of kids teasing me to not even bother to get up in the first place. I often can't even think what a word starts with! But texting so much has helped improve my sad mind.

Your 'Eskimo Sunset 'looks even better than when I saw it. I need to replace some very dead looking Jmaples. Odd that half look great, the others, far from it. Patti

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Pixie, your grands are beautiful.
Bill looks wonderful as usual.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

it seems that my spell check does not include garden plants:) knew both were spelt wrong and was lazy - just wanted to close enough in the horseshoe pit.

that little spruce, according to the tag here will grow 2-4" per year and top out at 2 to 4' tall - it is already 18-20" - got it off the scrap pile at that mahoney's in chelmsford last week - $10 - they had new ones for $30 not as big - there were a few others left.

this one is planted opposite a sander's blue dwarf spruce that will grow to the same size - they are behind the patio to add some evergreen color to the rest of what is there.

South Hamilton, MA

Spellcheck doesn't like iris terms like pumila. I ignore it; but it has decided to accept initials like SDB without objections.

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Yeah. Spellcheck is funny like that. For me, it's not even accepting 'spellcheck'!

My oldest daughter was in town this weekend and brought her new [read 'expensive'] camera with her new [read even more 'expensive'] macro lens to take some photos for her photography class.

Here's one of my canadensis columbine ...

Thumbnail by Candyce

And one of the underside of the Nectaroscordum siculum, Sicilian Honey Lily Allium.

Thumbnail by Candyce

I don't know if it's because of the very wet weather or the cool spring, but my buds are even behind Pixie's! My clematis has just begun to climb, and only two of the daylilies have scapes. At least I know I'll be enjoying them soon!

Thomaston, CT

Wow---don't know where to begin---Pixie--your Hayden is just a year older than mine! Both beautiful girls, Hunter, too! Victor, John Davis is climbing into the apple tree, so hard to tell how tall, but it seems to be about 15'. Patti, collages are very nice---that SI is a stunner. Do deer eat ferns? That might be an option for the sink. Shelley, loved the hydrangeas---most of the nice ones aren't hardy here. Bii, all the photos were nice, but Eskimo Sunset is a winner. Our paper this morn had a warning on Mile-a-minute vine---it's to the north & west of us---anyone have it in their yard?

Thomaston, CT

Very nice photos, Candyce!

Wow I dont want that Mile-a-minute vine. NH dont have it yet! lol they have it under ALIEN directory

www.nps.gov/plants/ALIEN/map/pepe1.htm

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Luvly pics all. I would like to get more peonys but they do drop their petals fast in wind and rain. Does anyone have any ones that hold their blooms better/longer?

I don't know of any, but I can't wait for this one to open! After three years, it will finally bloom!

Thumbnail by Candyce
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Whooo hooo Candyce!

South Hamilton, MA

Try a single peony rather than the doubles. They can drop petals also, but do seem to last a bit longer.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

AHA! Thanks everso irisMA. I want to put them in a spot that is really windy.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.