Co-Op Forum

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

I'm using the Co-Op forum now. I'm so shocked that I can get these new Echinaceas for less than 5 dollars. All the places online who sell them charge 10 dollars and more for shipping than the Co-ops. They also send plants that are about the same size as the plugs anyways.

If you haven't tried the Co-op forum, here's a link to it. I can't believe I overlooked it for so long!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/groupbuy/all/

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

echie, did you order any of the echies?

I didn't read thru all the threads so I wonder if you received the plugs and how they are growing?

I ordered Hot Lava and Milkshake. It'll be a few weeks till they are shipped. I'll let you know how they do.

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

I had never ordered from the co-op either until a couple of weeks ago. My pathetic excuse was because I couldn't find it on Dave's Garden. Thanks "maniac" for throwing me a "road map" a few weeks ago. LOL
I ordered two hybrid hibiscus on the hibbie co-op and two "Hot Lava" echinacea on the other co-op. If you ordered more than one "hot lava", does that qualify as ordering a 'volcano"??? Hehe
Jon

I ordered 3 Hot Lavas. I will plant them in 3 different places to see where they do best. I'm finding some of these newbie-echies can't take the heat! Surely one called Hot Lava will?

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Good idea. I spread the duplicates around also and compare. You would think a "hot lava" would erupt with blooms. We'll have to wait and see. Maybe the heat's why the "Mac N Cheese" hasn't been doing well. The thought of Mac N Cheese sitting out in the hot sun doesn't sound too appetizing.

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

As I was not aware of it first (thanks to Maniac) I was late but was lucky to get one 'Hot Lava' and also ended up with having 8 'Milk Shake' (took the last few to fill the flat).

I was in one of the biggest nursery in NJ Sunday and I saw this Earth Box (heard of it before but didn't really care about it). One of the nursery manager swear about it and I also checked the Earth Box forum on their website and there seemed to be a lot of happy people using it. So I'm planning to get one and plant some of the plugs in there to see if it will really grow faster.

Also I learned the same nursery is also a Terra Nova retailer (good news for me) They don't have the new Echies yet but I was told as soon as half gallon and gallon size plants are available, they'll start to carry them as they don't sell perennial plants smaller than the half-gallon size.

Central, VA(Zone 7b)

I have used the co-op forum with great success. My first was Fairy's perennial, then her bulb co-op, then I was in one for Atlas gloves, and one for spinners. All were handled very well by their administrators and I felt like I received excellent value on each. I hope to join another bulb one this fall, after I've made some more beds.

The Earth Box is so highly praised by folks here on DG. Currently under the 'container garden' forum, someone (sorry can't recall who, but he is located in California) has pictures of the largest tomato plants I've ever seen, very prolific too. He swears by the EB. Someone else planted corn in them with good results.

(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the link i never knew this was here i only knew of the market place.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.