POSSUM PROBLEMS..........URGENT!

North Ipswich, Qld, Australia

Hi I need help, all my succulents are being stripped overnight.

Any idea's anyone???

Debi

Gisborne, New Zealand

Hullo Deb, this used to be my remedy and repellant for your darling possums, I would spray any plants that were on their attack list with a Fish emulsion plant food, they hate it and it doesn,t do the plants any harm.. The smell isn't too nice but it could be worse, there could be nothing left to spray it on. I used to have a real bad possum problem. If I had no one around to shoot them this was the only way I could deal with them.. The product I use is aYates one. I sprayed everything I didn't want wrecked, Succulents, roses fruit trees, shrubs vege garden of course anything sprayed got an extra boost so it did 2 good jobs./. Good Luck..

north coast nsw, Australia

Trap it and release it far far away because they can find there way back. Get a big dog. hehe!

Robertstown, Australia(Zone 10a)

Breeindy, that is illegal in Queensland!

Debi, try the fish emulsion repellent - you will need to reapply it after rain though. Also see if you can put up a possum box near plants that provide the animals with natural food. See here http://www.burdekin.qld.gov.au/services/animals/pests/possums/ and here http://www.au.gardenweb.com/forums/load/pests/msg0117365513243.html for more info.

Ciao, KK.

Sydney, Australia

One of our clients markets D-Ter. It is a nasty tasting deterent.
See if you can get some or contact me and I will put you in touch.
Apparently it works and has for many years.
Cheers
Steve (possum hunter)

se qld, Australia

You could always hire Steve to do the job.

Sydney, Australia

Ha ha Gardengal!
Glad you find my possum exploits so amusing!
Although I have won my battle so maybe there is and opening for a new career? Hmmmmm

townsville, Australia

Steve 'Possum Hunter' I can just imagine you on everyones elses roof every night freezing you %^&*()&() off, Cab in one hand trap in another lmao, are you sure this is the career for you lol. Although the amusement value is quite good lol.

North Ipswich, Qld, Australia

lol, Steve you are hired!

My mum has a little poodle/maltese dog and we have just decked her out with a kennel, jumper and lovely warm blankets and she is now our possum hunter (sorry Steve, lol) and boy she does a great job!

I cannot find that D-Ter anywhere so intill I can, Missy is up for the job!

Thumbnail by Degarotty
Sydney, Australia

Try this Debi
http://www.bruceharris.com.au/BHPMweb/dter_faq.htm
Or look for Lorac Australia
I was having trouble holding the cab sav on the roof Shelly so I found I could put it on the top of the chimney and enjoy my lonely moments. They have not come back so ha ha possums. No dancing around on the roof at 4am
Love to see the little darlings in the back yard but not in my space! Yes I did freeze my ^&#&^!! off but the doctor said they will grow back?
Good luck Debi
Steve

townsville, Australia

Imao

Sydney, Australia

Debi,
Spoke to the manufacturer of D-Ter and he has advised that the distributor in QLD is Searle 07 5497 2022
He said it's most common use is for possums.
He is also sending me some fact sheets which I will pass on.
Cheers
Steve

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.