Other peoples gardens

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I visited a renound artist here and took these photos of her gardens
She is especially proud of the roses. I dont have id's but will send along as soon as she emails w/details.

This message was edited Jun 11, 2009 3:35 PM

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

another collage

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

the last.

Thumbnail by ge1836
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

How pretty!!! Love the pinks.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Very nice. I would like to know the id of the lower left pink one in the first.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

She said they were a French strain. I have an email to her with images for id. Probably by the weekend.

Merci.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

here are the rose id's

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thumbnail by ge1836

Thanks!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

very nice!

i would say pick is a favorite of hers!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I wonder how much pampering she does with those? I just don't have any sun. Beautiful pics; thanks!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I dont think she pampers at all. She kept saying they cut the bushes back by half and in spring theyre back as big as before.
I dont know jack about roses.DD is in charge of thet shrub.
I wish she would plant more.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

So maybe those are good suggestions for carefree NE roses? They still need sun, though.

Maine, United States(Zone 5b)

Very pretty! It's fun taking tours of other people's gardens. I am painting some chairs for a client of mine who has an absolutely gorgeous one...I will try to take some pics to share when I deliver them this week.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Please do I always like to see other poples visions for their gardens.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I visited someone else's garden last night for a big dinner party - wish I could have taken pix except it wasn't that kind of party, but I would have!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Its alwas a good idea to have a camera handy.
Except I never think of it unless its a designated garden i'm visiting.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Oh wow. Those roses are gorgeous. Light pink roses will always remind me of my grandmother. I planted New Dawn in her memory.

Jo Ann, in the third pic, the bottom right shot, by the pond, what's that spidery looking white flower? It's definitely cool!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Its a "water iris" she called it.
She didnt know many of the plant names.
I'm sure she plans just like an artist"size shape,color, arrangement" and doesnt bother with names.
I bought 3 persicarias this year and had never seen a full size plant. She has one thet grows 4-5 feet up the side of her house,I think they said they tie it up.
I said"wow thats the way a Persicarie looks"? They had no idea that was the name of the plant.
She knows all her roses and where they came from.ie hybredizer etc,country of origin

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

LOL! Funny! I thought that knowing what plants you have, helps you understand them better, but I guess not!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Artists tend to be visual people and not great at cataloguing names and data.We are just not wired that way.
She buys for color I sure.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

That's a generalization I can't agree to, considering I'm an artist too!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I agree as I have kept files and records and maps of my garden since putting it in last year.
Generalizations are just that, general and leave room for those of us who only fit in most but not all of the catagory.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Yeah, I think that keeping the files helps me remember what's what and what's where so that I can design and compose better.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.