Id Please

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I'm pretty sure I picked this up in one of the co-ops last year. It's very pretty with dark reddish leaves white flowers and a very compact growth so far. Thanks Holly

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

Sure is pretty. The red is throwing me off... was there any bronze coloring coming out of winter?

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

medinac, I will look and see if I have a pic of it from winter. This bed was expanded last summer. It is a shade bed but the outer edge is quite a bit sunnier and that is where this is. The pic is true to color flowers might have a slightly pinkish cast but are more white than pink. I'll have to get a good look at them again. The stems are red. It is the only one that I have that is this color and it is really pretty and I like how compact it is. I participated in

Athens, PA

HollyAnn

could it be Burnished Bronze? I went out and checked mine and the leaves seem to be a similar shape. The new growth is reddish and it seems the flowers were pinkish on red stems. I picked mine up in a co op too.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks everyone I will try to find my old records maybe I can find the original lists. Though some of what I ordered was given to friends and family some didn't make it. There were at least two different co-ops possibly three. That Burnished Bronze does sound familiar. I think that I may have seen that one on one of my lists. Here is another pic looks a bit darker in this pic. I noticed today that it does look darker when the sun isn't shining.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

Carolyn - That's what I thought too but didn't know how red BB would get with some sun or change of season. I don't have one...only dream of having one. Although I'm going to a nursery tomorrow and checked their plant list today, looks like they carry them. So, I may have one coming home with me tomorrow!

HollyAnn - whatever you have is a beauty, I hope you can identify her from your list. What's the bright green plant above the heucherella? I didn't look real close but thought it might be bleeding heart? Love the bright color.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks, I looked last night but there wasn't anything in the(1) list I had. Last year my computer crashed and I lost my plant lists from the years before. I have them on a disk but can't open the disk. I save my tags when I get new plants but I don't always have tags for all of them. When I get a chance I will look thru the old DG Co-op threads that I still have in my watched threads. Trouble with that is the old Co-op threads show me what I ordered but not necessarily what I kept or eventually planted, but if would show me if I ordered the Burnished Bronze. I am working at being more organized and did start a DG Journal but haven't gotten very far with that. This heuchera is one of my favorites, although there are so many pretty heuchera. I just love these plants and thanks to the DG Co-ops I have picked up quite a few of them. I love shade plants but don't have a lot of shade so I have .
The plant you asked about is an Aruncus this one is a Dwarf Goat's Beard and will only get about 12".

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

Of course! Very pretty garden. I had some when I first began gardening, they died. Mine never had the bright green leaves though. Thanks for letting me know.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Holly very nice photo I have all of the same plants. All I have is shade but not the huerchera you were asking about. I got a mini goats beard this summer also. Really tove it. Also have the tall goats beard and love it also. Shade gardeneing can be tricky. I always want the stuff for full sun of course! We always want what I can not have!! Especially when it come to gardening right? Ronna Here is my tall goats beard I just love it.

Thumbnail by gardenlady123
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL, I am trying to grow a little more shade. I planted one small Red Maple and have another Prairie Fire Crab-apple planed to go in when I finally get all the forsythia dug out. I try to keep most of my shade lovers on the smaller side as they are tucked into small beds here and there. I just picked up a dwarf Rhododendron that is to stay at about 12 inches. Right now it looks a bit like a green round ball and I hope that it will grow in a more natural form with time. That tall goats beard has a lovely look. Is that Wood Poppy I see to the right?

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Do you mean the ground cover or the hydrangea? The ground cover is cherry bells and the hydrangea is oakleaf.... My favorite shade shrub! The cherry bells have really spread ALOT. almsot time to take some out! Is this what you were asking about? Ronna

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh that cherry bells is beautiful. No must have been the oak leaf hydrangea the leaves would have a similar look as the wood poppy if not viewed to close.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

oakleaf hydrangea... My favorite shrub for shade.... Ronna

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Here is one of my small beds. It wraps around my potting shed.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

A closer look. This area is beside the potting shed and next to the stone walkway that comes around from the front to the driveway area. Just big enough for a couple of small huerchera and some annuals.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

A closer look. This area is behind the potting shed (actually the front yard) it started out as a spot to overwinter some extra plants and has turned into a nice little bed. I am working in this area and trying to expand it back along the Quince and I will need to move a few of these around later. The Crabapple will give added shade to this area when it is put in.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Very nive Holly. Looks like you have a niagra falls hosta in there with all youe beautiful huercheras. Nice work. Sure is fun finding new spots to plant isn't it? Ronna

Athens, PA

Holly -

that is so pretty! I would keep them there too. I have found that tucking one here or there really adds a lot!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.